No VR updates in the new sim update

I don’t want to go off-topic (too much) so I’ll keep it brief. Here are some of my favorites with long-lasting appeal. On Quest 2: Walkabout Mini Golf, Topgolf with Pro Putt, Eleven Table Tennis, Synth Riders, Pistol Whip, Until You Fall. Besides MSFS I’m also enjoying Project Cars 2 via SteamVR on my driving rig with bass shakers. VR is amazing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My issue with VR is performance of the cockpit. The sim world itself is SUPER smooth in VR. The cockpit however is like 10-15 FPS feeling and hitches when I move my head. Changing the settings has no effect. So I’m hoping they will optimize the cockpit performance within VR

This. I love the feeling of immersion with my headset, but ultimately the low resolution kills the experience for me. A big part of the appeal to me personally is high fidelity graphics the MSFS 2020 offers, and my old Rift just doesn’t have it.

Why not just getting an 8KX, 4K and large FOV is the only way to go with VR.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha. Admittedly, I don’t know what is even available these days. I just have one of the early generation rifts.

Because this thing had to be bundled with super beefy graphics card. :smiley: Gaming is kinda casual hobby for me, not justified for such expenses (especially with todays graphics card situation).

When i went from the Rift CV1 to my current HP Reverb (G1) it was like strapping a 1080p monitor to my face! The initial immersion of the Rift was a Game Changer, the increase in resolution in the Reverb was a Game Changer Part Two!

I wish there was a way to “see” that jump, much like you can see 2D comparisons with a simple YouTube video.

Obviously nothing replaces actually trying it, but this gives you a rough idea of CV1 to G2

Watch on high quality and ideally on a decent size screen, but either way when he zooms in on the details you’ll see the difference.

1 Like

My setup was for a large 2D monitor, until I discovered VR. I have all controls in roughly the same location as in a Cessna, so easy reach in VR. I’ve got 4 tactile transducers with a 250w amp for rumbles and vibes.
But all this is being replaced with the new YAW2 Motion Simulator Smart Chair with 3 DOF. Available on Kickstarter until June 7.
This will be a complete game-changer in VR.
Very exciting things happening in VR simulation by years end!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.