Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

I’ve the same problem and i can confirm that the issue persists even with this great mod not installed. :confused:

WorkingTitle has already released a hotfix v0.3.3. It’s working perfectly. Prior to this, my v0.3.2 wasn’t working.

So you’re seeing this problem with the default Longitude as well? If so, that is not a good sign as it suggests Asobo have broken the NAV mode functionality and I probably won’t have a way to address it. Are you seeing this with other aircraft models?

If it’s a wide scale issue hopefully that means they’ll provide an interim patch. Please report the issue to the official trouble ticketing queue if you have a moment to do so Asobo can be aware they broke something with their patch.

yes its doing it with the stock plane & yours

Any other aircraft displaying this unwanted behavior?

will test and report back asap

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Haven’t tried the other planes yet. Was frustrated that the Longitude didn’t work and quit MSFS for today.
But will report back when able.

Thank you for your help and reporting

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this, but since the 1.4 update (also happening on this 1.41), The autopilot ignores the armed “LOC”. Let’s say I’m doing a pattern, with the intention of landing with ILS. I tune the radios, select NAV1 as my navigation source, but select heading hold (synced to RWY heading). I take off, left turn, another left to downwind, then base, and I arm the LOC. Unless I manually switch to NAV, it doesn’t acquire the localizer. That wasn’t the case previously.

OTOH, If I’m flying with FMS, i.e: I load the procedure, fly it with FMS as my nav source, it automatically switches to LOC when close enough, and captures the localizer.

CJ4 does it too, but wayyy less than the Longitude

Let me take another stab at responding. I’ve seen a handful of other reports of similar issues like yours with acquiring LOC. Can you replicate this problem using default avionics vs WT G3k mod?

Thanks for reporting. If the NaV hold issue is happening on CJ4 it’s a good bet it’s a problem with other a/c as well.

my return leg has gone much better in turns of nav mode. I had 75 tail wind the fist flight and now the head wind going back. Maybe the winds are impacting the severity?

Thanks for the feedback. The limited testing I was able to do today was in Clear Skies with still air. And it was quite bad. Maybe the winds are “helping”?

Both test i had something like 80kts xwind

Will retest with calm winds

Cessna Citation CJ4 consumes much too much fuel.

I’ve just tested with the default, and it’s the other extreme. It doesn’t arm the LOC (white, underneath the green HDG), but rather it just engages “LOC” in green regardless of where you’re facing, how far away you are displaced. It still behaves as though it’s armed, because it doesn’t start turning immediately. In fact the glideslope even gets captured each and every time before the localizer although it indicated 50 years ago that it had captured the loc. I mean, the glideslope is always the first to center.

I don’t have this problem with the WT mod. Only problem with it is that it arms the LOC with white underneath the HDG, but never captures it unless you manually push the NAV button.

BTW, off topic, but I’ve finally realized what the WorkingTitle GX is for. It’s for the Garmin G3X. There are planes in FS2020 that use that avionics suite, and there’s also a hotfix just released. v0.1.0 dev4. It’s pre-release. Here’s the link:

I’ve seen a couple of other remarks to the same or similar effect regarding both the default and the WT mod. Sounds more like a programming logic error in the underlying avionics simulation - interesting that WT has seemingly corrected for part of this issue but introduced another.