Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

Quick question, the installation is only download the mod V1.3, then move the 2 folders (aircraft-longitudeFDEfix and Landing-taxi Lights) into community folder, and the layout.json into the Original asobo longitude folder?

on the content manager, the Mod say Version 1.2.2

All are neutral in 0

The version number wasnā€™t properly updated to 1.3 prior to upload. As long as you download the 1.3 file from flightsim.to it should be fine. Per your questions about install: yes move the 2 folders to the community folder,layout.json into the Asobo Longitude folder, overwriting the default layout.json (back up the original first, of course).

Not sure what could be causing your issue at this point. This seems to be a unique issue so far - Iā€™ve had no other reports from any other flight-simmers whoā€™ve downloaded and installed the mod about lack of elevator control.

Have you tried using a keyboard command for up and down elevator to see if that works?

They key board only move the camera in the cockpit

Reassign some keys to use elevator. Then test

the same problem, i dont understand why!!

Neither do I - running out of ideas. Are you starting the a/c cold and dark and starting up from cold or are you starting at active runway?

active runway

Maybe try disconnecting your yoke and then assigning keyboard commands to elevator and ailerons and restarting sim without your flight yoke and see if the a/c responds. beyond this - iā€™m out of ideas.

Is there any way currently with MSFS to read the control inputs? I know X-plane has this feature but I donā€™t know if MSFS does.

Question, i have to install the previous version?

Hi guys, wondering what your thoughts are with respect to the upcoming Sim Update #2 which will address performance issues with the Longitude. How well do you think this update will integrate with your mod ? I take it we should remove the mod before installing the update. Your feedback is appreciated. Thx !

Iā€™m not sure what integration there would be since my modification package essentially ignores the flight dynamics and engine model and points at an entirely different set of files for that purpose. The update will essentially restore the default Asobo Longitude with whatever fixes they try to make. I will be surprised if they remedy the whole slate of deficiencies in the Longitude model. Maybe they will get the basic weight, fuel, autopilot porpoise / roll issues, and some other major issues resolved. And hopefully some of the more detailed autopilot and alerting and annunciator issues - since those are issues I canā€™t resolve with the methods Iā€™ve been using. But we will have to wait and see what they come up with. You wonā€™t need to remove anything related to my package before the update. However, after the update my mod almost certainly wonā€™t work any longer without an update to replace the default layout.json file in the official Longitude folder that will be over-written during the update. Once they make the update, Iā€™ll evaluate what theyā€™ve done and determine how best to update my mod package and post an update when ready.

Iā€™m more curious about what itā€™ll breakā€¦
Hope theyā€™ll test their patch a bit more this time

1 Like

chuckles
Yeah - well if they continue to post break fixes that break other stuff, my mod will still be an option once I post an update following their update.

Looking forward to your evaluation Dakflyā€¦in the interim I will continue to enjoy flying the Longitude with your mod.

Have a new version coming very soon. Just finishing testing and packaging. Hopefully this weekend itā€™ll be available. Lots of nice improvements coming.

4 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see the new version

New Version 1.40 available. Thanks for all the feedback and input everyone. Looking forward to further input and advice!

6 Likes