NVIDIA GeForce 466.27 Driver is Out

I am not having any trouble with the newest Nvidia driver. Actually, I have not had any trouble with any of the drivers since last year. I update whenever a new driver is available. Imagine that.

6 Likes

One big difference between 457.30 and 466.11/466.27 is there are severe security issues that were discovered with earlier drivers.

1 Like

Good for me, but now Virtual Desktop = smoother experience than Link / Air Linkā€¦

Last driver Link / Air Link was better

(Q2 / RTX3080)

1 Like

Nope, same settings.

Latest drivers from Nvidia and all is goooooood !!
Screenshot 2021-04-30 143630|690x287

1 Like

1 Like

Unless you installed Windows 5 years ago and then blocked every single update then your version of Windows today in the current version of Windows. It may be called Windows 10 but itā€™s been a service for a long time and is just continually updated, there is no new or old version of it. Just keep it up to date and youā€™re all good.

2 Likes

This new driver causes flickering for me when I open other windows and if I overlay the main FS full screen with a window (like a browser), the entire screen changes from HDR to a very low dynamic range. I have a 2070 Super. Had to go back to 457.30.

im always running the latest, no problems at all.

1 Like

I seriously doubt thatā€™s anything to do with your driverā€¦ :wink: however do you care to elaborate, you have worst performance, flickering or both?

Absolutely flawless performance with latest drivers on my end, it just shows that we all have rigs that do not deliver in unison. Biggest performance increase in VR , no more older driversā€¦.

Very similar issue here on my 2060super.Either my monitor has an issue or MSFS with NVIDIAā€™s latest drivers no longer supports my GPU.

You bring up a good point. We should check to see if our monitors have newer drivers. I have a Viewsonic 35" wide curved. I donā€™t have the model number here at work. Interesting that you also have a 20x0 video card. The 2070 Super that I have was still a newish card last year when I bought it so I wouldnā€™t think that itā€™s already unsupported. Some people are still using 10x0 series cards. I wonder if they are having trouble with the new drivers.

FPS is the same to 457.30 but more microstutter with new nvidia driver. i installed 457.30 again, it runs somootherā€¦

1 Like

Nope, never blocked updates. And what you describe is a perfect situation, but even with MSFS there was an update issue that a number of people solved by completely reinstalling MSFS. There was different behavior depending on if you had an early initial download and all the updates or a brand new complete download.

I donā€™t know why my system canā€™t run these new Nvidia drivers but it hasnā€™t been able to. As long as I was running 457.30 or earlier, my system was stable and I had great frame rates. Twice now Iā€™ve tried installing drivers newer than 457.30 and not only do I have massive stutters, when I roll back to 457.30, I donā€™t get my frames back. I rolled back the problematic Windows update, did the full-screen optimization thing, etc. I havenā€™t found a solution but last time a full reinstall fixed it until I tried to upgrade the video driver. A less than 2 month old system went from running fine to not with the driver update to close some apparently big security holes so Iā€™d like to not stay stuck with an old and vulnerable driver.

Besides hardware, the only common thing I can come up with is the heritage and update chain. Again, this was only a two month old installation that broke the same way it did after having had it running for a few years easy. Maybe this isnā€™t the problem but you offer no solutions.

This is on top of a Windows update causing lots of people frame rate problems as well as a MSFS update that caused performance issues. But my system was running great with the Windows update and the MSFS update until I tried to update video driver. Iā€™d just like to be able to upgrade video drivers. Thatā€™s all.

Mine shows Generic Pnp monitor and ind device manager and I am not finding drivers for my Viotek Monitor.Was not the case a few months ago.

2060 Super here with these latest drivers and itā€™s flawless in MSFS for me.

Thatā€™s good maybe my monitor but good to know its working well for you. The drivers work well its just the flickering.

Had a BSOD when installing the 466.27 driver. Rebooted and reinstalled, and working now. Not tried it out yet in MSFSā€¦about to get started

I donā€™t know if this will help anyone but if anyone is on the brink of reinstalling windows and their install media isnā€™t very new, instead of using the install media that came in the box, try downloading the latest install windows.iso and burning your own USB stick with it to install from.

Correlation is not causation, but even with a new windows install (using my old USB install media) I couldnā€™t run any Nvidia drivers newer than 457.30 without slideshow behavior. After rebuilding windows with a new windows.iso from microsoft, Iā€™m on 466.27 no problem at all.

I donā€™t know the reason it works but just a guess is Nvidia used a new feature of windows in their drivers after 457.30 that older versions (even with all the updates) doesnā€™t support or doesnā€™t support well. Whatever the reason, reinstalling windows from the latest .iso fixed my system. Obviously YMMV.

Folks in this boat may want to see if this fixes others before taking the jump. Itā€™s a huge PITA and just a repair using new media didnā€™t fix it for me. Thereā€™s been a fair number of versions of windows.iso and no idea where the dividing line is or anything else besides this one data point. I just know I couldnā€™t run new Nvidia drivers until I rebuilt with the new .iso.

If anyone is thinking about it, Macrium Reflect has a free version and can do full or partial backups of windows (if you have the space available) so you can always roll back if need be. I used an app called Rufus to burn the USB stick with the iso from Microsoft and make the stick bootable.

Iā€™d like Microsoft and Nvidia to sort this out and change their code where it doesnā€™t happen - if itā€™s in their code. I can only say what worked for me.

1 Like