Off Screen terrain pre-caching stutter

It might be more accurate to say the position of the stutter changes depending on the time of day. If I remember correctly there is a period of time at night where it doesnt happen as badly, its around midnight iirc

Hi,
These stutters just appeared recently, possibly with the last update. And it is driving me nuts. Looked all day for a solution without avail. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the complete game today. But no joy. :frowning_face:

I am back to my original fix. Set in game resolution to 110% with Trees on Ultra. I tested this in VR with perfect results.

I am at my whits end with this. I have limited my fps in nvidia control panel to 58. I am running a 3600X and RTX 2080. I have a constant framerate of 58 about 95% of the time on Ultra at 1440P, but the stutter is driving me insane. I have changed all settings, low, medium, high end, ultra, DX11, Dx12, reinstalled windows completely, reinstalled msfs completely. I have invested with the aim of having an enjoyable expierence with Msfs but it does not seem possible at the moment. the stutter evident when panning on the ground as it seems that most people are experiencing.

1 Like

Same here, VR only with RTX3060TI, butter smooth until WU7, FPS capped at 32, now getting a massive stutter on take off when looking left, never had this before. Lowering LOD didnā€™t help much. On top of that, I also notice a decrease in depth of view. Use to see building from at least 10 miles when in the air, now I need to be almost right above a town to buildings. Maybe not related but started at the same time

Has anyone thought about this bring an internet related issue? I have those stutters too, but they vary in severety over the time of day AND whether Iā€™m flying circles in the same area or flying over longer distances where new terrain has to be loaded all the time.

So I could imagine these stutters could be related to problems with receiving the data from the servers.

• server overload (more people playing at the same time)
  • slow internet connection
  • kids watching Netflix
  • too many people on the same Wifi channel

Stuff like that. Not sure if those things can cause the stutters. What do you think?

For this particular issue I donā€™t believe so. This isnā€™t a random stutter its a very definitive stutter at a certain point when rotating the drone cam near to the ground. If you raise the camera at a certain point the stutter goes away. There is no network activity as everything is already precached

2 Likes

Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. Then my problem seems to be different. I also managed to get the game GPU limited by increasing Render Scaling and Reducing LODs,

So my problem is, that today in the morning everything was buttery smooth without stutters. I could even use slew and simply cross whole countries at high speeds without any interruption.
This evening I got massive stutters everytime the game seemed to load stuff from the web. Not only in slew but in normal flight as well. Normally Iā€™m around 40-60fps. Still the game even froze for a second or two regularly. Thatā€™s pretty annoying.

Specs:
Ryzen 5950X
64GB Ram @ 3200 MHz
RTX 3070
Also did regular internet speed tests (whatever those are worth) and got constant high DL rates of about 230Mbit.

Hi just adding some weight to this, started somewhere over the last few months and itā€™s completely ruined the experience for me. Huge stutters, linked directly to the relative position of the sun. Terrain LOD seems to be only slider that improves anything. After trying every other option I just did a clean instal of W11. Same issue is still present.

Ryzen 5800X
RTX 3090
32gb RAM 3200mhz

Issue is the same on both monitor and in Reverb G2.

1 Like

Bumping this again as it came up in another thread

1 Like