[Official] Community Fly-In Friday: New Zealand

You are very welcome Sir.

Okay so I’m really really early with this, but I have my reasons. I did the New Zealand flight as you guys set up, I did it through the #Xbox as that’s how I always do them. (Video may not appear right away as I just uploaded it while typing this message)

In my initial landing on the final runway I did backward, I honestly never knew runways had directions to land, so I took off and circled back but crashed short

The difficulty was #Beginner you can find the video on two locations #Twitch and #YouTube

The reason for me doing this really early (9:20 am est as of posting this) the reason for it is that my initial idea was to fly from the final airport (NZQN) to next Friday’s destination airport, however, that hasn’t been named at this point in time, so my initial idea got changed and I’ll be flying to my home airport Toronto City Centre Airport (Billy Bishop Airport) code: YTZ
This flight is due to take 45 hours, I’m going to be using the same plane I did for the New Zealand flight Bonanza Baron, I won’t be tackling this over the course of just one day due to the length of the flight. It’ll be split up through several days, my final destination will no doubt change to where ever the next Fly-In Friday will be once it’s named. The amount of time that I’m going to be flying in a day will depend on myself and real-time weather, we got hit with a bunch of snow yesterday (Thursday). Sometimes you may catch me flying for just an hour, other times for a few hours, I will always land at an airport at the end of my flight you can keep up with my latest on either of my channels:

#Twitch - Twitch
#Youtube - Ken Squires - YouTube

I have no set times on when I’ll be flying

1 Like

Got the World Update installed. Ready to go! I checked out the trailer and it looked awesome!

2 Likes

How do we disable “both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions.”?

Super excited for todays group flight in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. :). Flying C310 today. :slight_smile:

It’s strange to me that this is the conclusion.

I’m able to open the .pln you provided in the sim on my PC and then save it to Xbox Cloud Storage. Then I’m able to go to my Xbox and open the .pln there.

Since there is, currently, a mechanism via PC for transferring .pln & .flt files to the Xbox. I’d think there would be a way for that to occur in a more streamlined fashion for Xbox users without a PC.

Anyhow, there is a way, but it does require a PC to make it work.

1 Like

Hello, it’s in the ‘Assistance Options’ under ‘Failure and Damage’. You can turn off the damage using the options in there.

I’m on XBOX MSFS and Windows for Navigraph Charts 8 so this doesn’t seem to apply for XBOX users. I don’t see any way of updating the AIRFAC data for my Charts app directly either.

how do we determine the runway for takeoff? its a real chaos there, people standing right on the takeoff section. I have only text, no mike. rwy 12 seems favorable with rw weather right now

Look at the windsocks!

off course Golum knows, but there is a slight cross wind for each runway, thats why I was asking :grinning: and no ATC and no METAR

only rwys 12 and 30 have designators, I take it the other 2 are inactive? why wasn’t this communicated ahead of time. collisons on take off and runway incursions are just 8 minutes away.

1 Like

Thank you, again, for a great Fly-in!

4 Likes

Really nice flight! Will have to take a few more flights there I think and use a drone around the various locations. The observatory changing at night looked great!

4 Likes

Ah, thanks
so not verbatim. I was hoping “aircraft collisions” could be turned off so that aircraft that was close to you wouldn’t disappear to allow for closer/tighter formation flying
 Does that exist anywhere?

What a fantastic update, great work MS/ Asobo and all who worked on it

1 Like

Thanks for a good flight this morning friends!

3 Likes

yes, thanks, it was my first but it won’t be my last :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It was a nice flight! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The description did say any aircraft that can maintain around 170 kts
 :sweat_smile:

1 Like