Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

@Jummivana the lower 2 polls are off now… 0 voters

I noticed FpS decrease also. I’ve been experimenting a bit with settings, I now think it must be the volumetric clouds…

Vsync to 30, all settings Medium, Render scaling 80% and…

Volumetric clouds Medium

Volumetric clouds Ultra

I have this same problem also. I noticed the other night however that pressing the key binding for the spoilers makes a noise, but there is no animation. I wonder if the spoilers are really deploying but the animations are not working? I haven’t researched further.

Just as there was no community info about needing to pay your electric bill to get the update.
It is expected that most users are keeping their systems in good condition as part of their regular usage.
Regular security scans, security updates, cache cleanups, driver and software updates. If you have AMD hardware you check for AMD updates. If you have XBox support software, you check for XBox updates. If you were unaware you HAD XBox support software then I suggest slowing down your enthusiasm when installing stuff in the future. You never can tell when some program you are installing may want to install stuff you don’t want.

For future reference, prior to doing any MSFS updates my checklist is as follows:

• Check for driver updates.
  • Check for Windows updates.
  • Reboot
  • Confirm no add-ons in the Community Folder.
  • Run MS Store, go to downloads page and get ALL updates. ( Whether you purchased from MS Store or Steam does not matter. DO this step. It will update other MS required software.)
  • When all updates are completed. REBOOT.
  • Start MSFS and complete are required downloads both at startup and in the Marketplace.
  • Exit MSFS and reboot.
  • Fire up MSFS and go fly.

Not everyone will agree and some will say I am an idiot. I am not here to tell you what to do. I am here to tell you what I do. It has worked for me since Aug 2020. Never had an update that I didn’t do during my lunch break, including a test flight afterwards. Find your own process to maintain the health of your system and enjoy flying.

9 Likes

I have noticed one thing for last one year is, when you have a completely updated system with no anti virus and updated drivers. MSFS Works Great !

4 Likes

Was Real live traffic – ie did it have an airline flight number caption, or was it a FS2020 user’s aircraft ie. with someone’s moniker/name attached to it?

Please fix the Mouse/control issues! It’s so hard to fly when you can’t control the aircraft.

2 Likes

I don’t see “pancake clouds” anymore… this is Volumetric clouds Ultra, 80% RS over Ireland, life weather.

Also… no lightning while flying here… maybe it’s a coincidence…

4 Likes

For me the performance is exactly the same (I have a 30min flight for sanity checking). Performance was as always, flight went smooth.

2 Likes

Multiplayer not activated, just live traffic.

yep… kinda insane that these core issues keeps getting skipped for very minor / almost irrelevant things like small terrain spikes and so on… :confused: Their priorities seems confused.

2 Likes

Ok so tried the same flight a second time. Only this time instead of loading the previously saved flight (prior to patch) I created a new flight plan for the same flight.
This time I had no issues. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but no problem at all on this second attempt with the new flight plan.

I basically follow this same process. But restore the Community folder (and reinstall add-ons) as the 2nd to last step. It’s a bit grueling, but helps keep the gremlins out. At least the sim update and patch Tuesday Windows update didn’t fall on the same day this time.

There was a lot of noise about those terrain spikes. And the most important fix was the render scale & night lighting -issue anyway.

1 Like

Yes, the funny thing looking at my past screenshots:
In my benchmark routine, SU5 was way above 30 FPS with moderate CPU usage.

In WU6_Hoffix, CPU threads are nearly maxed out, MSFS is Mainthread limited, just like in SU4.

Maybe they rolled back some of the changes made in SU5 to address a regression of sorts. Could be that they are experimenting as well.

Either way it’s not a linear improvement with each release. That’s for sure.

2 Likes

Cant update:

1- Update incoming in the MSFS not the Store. Updated some KBytes…
2- Restartet, nothing still on 1.19.8.0
3.- Searches Store for Updates - Nothing
4.- Started Xbox up, searches store -nothing, startet MSFS, nothing.

Dam Guys fix this Update process!

Speculating, but I think they put some of the SU-5 frames gain into volumetric clouds Ultra :slightly_smiling_face: there is a large difference in frame rate between medium and ultra clouds…

2 Likes

The installation manager for this sim is a complete pile of garbage. 500meg download went into a loop so had to exit. Now have to download 63GB!

I am playing on xbox and my game seem to work better thsn many pc players. When I look at forums

Nah, not mine! :wink:

Waited till the PM (EST TIME) to get Update/patch. Game opens to “Mandatory update in MS Store”, so click ok, takes me to store, no update period. It should be noted upgraded to Windows 11 yesterday, new store software I think. But, Windows 11 is going to be on the street within next month, so this game should already be setup for it. I am just about done with this ■■■■ shoot, and I mean it this time. I will take thiks POS of my PC and NEVER, by another MS product again. I am tempted to format this drive and put linux on here in total protest, and don’t give a xxxx now, even if cannot run FSX, because, MS is so money hungry, they have forgotten how to take care of customers. Going to see if it’s easy to fix this, otherwise done here. This game has cause me to buy new gaming laptop, new FSX Virpil grip/base and HC-BTQ, so I am keeping some people working, but I am going to NOT keep Asobo and MS working as long as I may live if this is not resolved soon.

3 Likes