Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

Have you checked the night lights… :cat: else proceed tomorrow… sometimes, servers… I give up now

I had to reinstall the complete simulator . First I did the update of 500 MB via the store. Sim started, searching for updates and than the installation manager told me load the 123 GB…what goes wrong?

The installer has not found your old installation, manually point to the folder of the previous installation

Smooth install on XBox series X. Had one CTD in first flight I tried to load from the flight planner. After that, rebooted XBox, cleared cache and have been running fine (no CTD’s) for several hours now. Night lighting now fixed, thank you. Will assess it all more in the days ahead.

Sorry? What is not true?

No why, i am clearly on wrong version, cause i only have a smart KB Update and then nothing, not via store or Ingame. Thanks for help ! :grinning:

i guess MS and Asobo have made it again, so i must reinstall this piece of cake…so many problems i never had with any other game.

1 Like

Known issue on the microsoft store app that is affecting many games including msfs
That why for now we need xbox app (in some cases)

How the process worked on my system…

Started FS.
FS checked for update.
FS stated an update was required.
I accepted.
FS closed
MS Store opened.
I selected the update.
Restarted FS.
FS Updated no issue.

Mesh issues still not fixed? :disappointed_relieved:

Still have me scratching my head…

I have stated that:

• The new XBox Cloud app handles the Xbox Game Studios license authentication.
  • The App was released just prior to the release of SU5
  • WU6 requires the app to be installed before MS Store would present the WU6 update

In short, to update any XBox Game Studio titles or and XBox cross platform titles licensed through MS Xbox the new XBox app is required.

You have linked to a post saying that to get the update you need to have the XBox app installed, but stated that what I posted was untrue.

What am I missing here?

Xbox app is workaround.

MSFS Support: „We have received confirmation that this is an intermittent issue on the Windows Store that is affecting many titles including Microsoft Flight Simulator. We still advise that you follow the steps detailed.” / Twitter

1 Like

Yep I’ll keep going, don’t worry. I still think this sim in this future and I am totally behind it, which just makes it even more annoying when over a year since release and it is still getting worse in many regards. In fact other than 3rd party addons I can’t actually think of anything that has got better for me.

1 Like

Mesh issues ? Ok you’re a member since feb’20 so I guess you’d be experienced enough. Where did you find it ? This is a local scenery error. Put it in Bugs / Scenery please… and fillin the Zendesk questions. No other way you can get this one solved ! In your topic, make sure you include a second screenshot, taken from the other side (the water slope)

1 Like

That could be… for WU6 I had to download and start the darn Xbox App … not so today or maybe I just got lucky.

Update installed without a glitch for me, but the menu is slow and the world map is lagging a lot when I move the map. The same goes for panning the camera in the cockpit.

Currently restarting my pc to see if it was a background process going haywire.

I finally got it to update using the procedure on this link. Stupid!, just plain stupid.

gamertweak.com/how-to-update-flight-simulator/

Edit:
Please make sure to reboot after the above procedure. I forgot to and the sim locked up. I rebooted and the update was installed when I ran the sim and all was normal. It is just crazy to have to go through this hoop jumping just to update. If one has purchased and licensed the sim, the Microsoft store “knows it” and should simply download the update. They are just trying to get you to buy something the xbox or something for it by making you go through all this. Ridiculous! AND probably will cost Microsoft some previous customers because of the hassle factor (back to P3D???).

Ok…?
So the fact that XBox has rolled out a whole new cross platform cloud gaming service that now handles the license authentication for XBox Gaming titles, including MSFS among others, is just a “work around”.

I wonder if MS/XBOX knows this? Clearly all the XBox hype about the software and the ability to play your XBox games on your Android, I-Phone and PC has been just a smoke screen to cover up the fact that there is a bug in the MSFS update process.

I think your link is broken … leads to Error 404 website.

1 Like

Please read carefully :wink:

MSFS Support: „We have received confirmation that this is an intermittent issue on the Windows Store that is affecting many titles including Microsoft Flight Simulator. We still advise that you follow the steps detailed.” / Twitter

Thank you.That helped me. :grinning:

1 Like