Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Thank you @jummivana for the com. This is not taken for granted.
Please do also track the numerous VR issues that have been reported, such as excessive shimmering, freezing, etc… If nothing else, please look at @CptLucky8 posts. You have a vibrant VR community out here, don’t leave it behind :slight_smile:

cheers,
guillaume

6 Likes

I thought this was just something I was dealing with. At least now I know I’m not alone. It’s crazy that my rudder pedals quit working if I’m holding the right mouse button. It doesn’t seem to always happen tho.

1 Like

I was curious how many hops I got from my router to an azure server, so far it’s at 26, 27

I think it’s because they are running the hangar in the background (and who knows what else) so when you load it, it appears instantly. You can actually see your airplane in the back ground of the square menus. I can personally live without this and have my GPU life extended.

Can’t agree more, I’m also a project manager in… the videogames industry. :sweat_smile:
Already worked with them actually. There is two solution: They don’t have enough testers or they didn’t take the time to fix everything that was reported by their QA Team because of the Xbox deadline that couldn’t be moved later than the 27th.
But it sounds like, from the way the statement has been made, they didn’t know about most of what has been reported here in the forums. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Thanks! But please also take a look and confirm the awful aliasing/shimmering in VR after SU5:

Aka, anti aliasing is broken

6 Likes

do the listed changes fix the weird aliasing/shimmering artifacts on like every building/the ground at airports/etc

1 Like

Thank ASOBO for the good news and hard work, hoping that this upcoming update will be a good one and solve the issues addressed.

3 Likes

Jeff,
The way I read this that the altitude reported to ATC (either MSFS ATC or VATSIM/IVAO/etc will be consistent with the altitude indicated by the airplane’s altimeter. So, yes, that major issue will be fixed by this hotfix.

What will be improved on later, I believe (and hope) is the accuracy of the pressure vs altitude relationship to address my final input in the VATSIM altitude error thread as well as Andreas’ off nominal pressure altitude example (if that isn’t fully addressed in the hotfix).
Don

1 Like

Add a slider to cloud brightness? So, we will “customise” the “real weather”.
A hope I could use my mouse to look around while turning… none of the tips here at the forum helped me…

1 Like

Much appreciated, thank you.

I second that. I hope AA will get addressed as well. I also hope by fixing the shaders the reflection quality will be what we used to know.

3 Likes

Could we please get the lighting at non-handcrafted airports sorted please? It’s pitch dark to land at any airport at night if it’s not one of the hand modelled ones. This should be a rather simple fix that’s been left hanging for a year now. I’m talking about lighting on the apron and near the terminal. Turn off the landing lights and you can’t see anything. This is basic stuff.

Also some major airports don’t have night lighting like Chatrapati Shivaji in Mumbai. And in Cairo and Dallas (if I remember) there are roads running across the taxi way.

But this lighting issue really kills the realism. I mean airports are like effing Christmas trees and here they look like they’re dark holes in the night, save for the runway and taxi ways.

3 Likes

Finally saw the official response to the recent too many CTD let me know that my money is not wasted
I also hope that the team will allow third-party developers plenty of time to test their products before releasing updates

1 Like

Just address the CTDS This should be you number one priority. How is this even possible to release a Brocken update? As a dev is mind blowing for me. Hire and pay high quality QA testers or you can have an beta update for us to test first. This is not acceptable!

1 Like

I have a few points

• Ground Shadows - Ground Shadow contrast and quality is very low since SU5.
  • Trimming issues with the C152/172 - one click equals to roughly ± 500fpm
  • RAM and VRAM limit - Please remove the restrictions on usable RAM/VRAM. It doesn’t make sense to have 32 GB and only 7-10GB are being used.
  • Reflection Quality
  • Sparse Autogen - Since SU5 there are so many places not populated with Autogen. Please introduce a slider to increase the quantity of generated buildings to the level of SU4 again.
5 Likes

Thank you @CptLucky8 for your valuable and informed technical input on this subject.

I am sure we can ALL learn a lot from you :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the announcement @Jummivana
For the future, it would be really great if you guys could improve your communication (and customer service in this regard).
I assume that you probably wouldn’t have had any concrete information from the devs on hand, however some sort of life sign / acknowledgement in the meantime would have been ace!
I hope everything gets back under control and that the team can squeeze in the fixes for controller / mouse inputs somewhere as well. Cheers!

1 Like

I do think if these issues were all missed the beta test process that exists today can be improved. It might be worth also sharing how you are changing beta testing going forward with SU6 and beyond to ensure widespread issues don’t get missed the next time there is an update.

3 Likes

wrong, they were all addressed and they just rolled out broken code for PC users over arcade X-box. Shame! I look for X-plane 12 now.

2 Likes