OK, What's wrong with spawning where you want and using the sim as you wish?

What the heck do you mean “using the drone” one might ask :slight_smile:

If you go into the camera in the toolbar at the top, you can choose “Showcase” which will switch to a “drone” camera. You can control it’s position with key strokes, the W, A, S, D, R, and F keys move it in three dimensions, and the numeric keypad arrows rotate it about an axis. The problem is, at the default speed, it’s wicked slow :flushed: but, yay!, you can fix that in the options menu by increasing the “Drone speed” (wish you could make that option persistent. Maybe you can? I don’t know.), at which point now you can move quickly around the landscape.

Hopefully someday Asobo will allow click spots in “External” view. Ant’s Airplanes Tiger Moth has gotten around this shortcoming by creating other camera views in “Cockpit” mode that take you outside the airplane and thereby bring you to locations that have click spots so you can perform tasks outside the airplane like spinning the propeller and checking the oil, etc.

And I’m all for allowing having the sandbox Wild West implementation, if they would only bring back the ability for individuals (and therefore groups) to have locked servers, too, just like FSX. It’s fun to go into the Wild West area, but, yeah, I like flying with like minded people, too. For instance, I’ve been a user of Boston Virtual servers since they opened. I used to also belong to one of the Bomber squadrons as well that sponsored flights.

I have yet to learn how to use and try the Reno stuff, so, I don’t know how that works. Maybe that’s a start of a system there?

And of course FSX also had the ATC radar station you could sit at and control flights and watch others fly into and out of airports from a control tower viewpoint, which was really awesome, as well as a voice system that even included a click to talk button (complemented by other third solutions that could be used, too).

2 Likes