OK, What's wrong with spawning where you want and using the sim as you wish?

When I spawn, there are usually a number of options of where to spawn.

For example, Vnukovo has places to spawn at the gate, out on the ramp somewhere, (there are marked parking spaces on the ramp), or on the runway. I don’t remember seeing spawning points anywhere else.

As an aside, I remember seeing people saying to spawn at location “X” - that’s not an airport - for example 5 km away from the runway, and I have never been able to use the world view and spawn anywhere except a marked point on an airport.

Yes in part although I would argue that switching off MP somehow means one isnt flying ‘realistically’.
I think the OP made good points about this. Bottomline, it is a SIM. Use it as you see fit.

2 Likes

I don’t feel Multiplayer is ‘Realistic’, dozens or maybe hundreds of aircraft flying in all directions and altitudes like locusts. I live near an Air Force base, several small civilian and municipal airports. There are also three international airports nearby. My skies are clear except for the occasional USAF aircraft in circuit over the house. Of course the international traffic would be at cruise altitude by the time they’re in my zone.
I agree with you. It’s a game with no rules. I play it my way, you play it your way.

4 Likes

I agree with you and I did not write my post correctly. I was replying to a poster who wrote that switching off MP is somehow no longer flying realistically.
I thought I replied that I would argue WITH that statement, but I clearly mis wrote my reply. I quite agree with you that MP has little to do with flying realistically. To the contrary, as you correctly alluded to all it often means is lots of planes going or sitting all over the place. So I never use MP. Sorry if my post was misleading. I quite agree with you.

1 Like

This really is my pet hate.

1 Like

For the time being maybe this helps:

1 Like

“You there… Get offa my LAWN!!

268c9f00-cc0a-11e9-8f64-5467a1863ebc

(Somebody had to say it…)

5 Likes

Absolutely sir, these clouds must be shouted at!

It is an odd joy to use this software and both appreciate and wish to negate others in our virtual airspace.

3 Likes

How about Asobo/MS select one of the servers, and make that server prevent spawning on a Runway.

Then Players have a choice – join a sever that allows it, or one that does not, and everyone can have what they want.

Personally, I do not care what others do – as long as their actions do not significantly affect my enjoyment of MSFS.

Runway Spawners and Intercepting F18, I can easily just ignore, and then I don’t even see them.

What I would rather see is a personal BLOCK list, (like one’s Friend list), where I do not even see anyone in MP on my Block list !!

I;ll go s step further… MS should automatically monitor everyone’s BLOCK list, and if a specific X-BOX Tag name occurs on to many Block Lists, then that player should be “dealt with” by MS, for possible breaking of the MSFS TOC.

There should be CONSEQUENCES for anti-social behavior. :rage:

1 Like

Though I understand, (at least in theory), the idea of a custom block-list for MP mode, I disagree strongly with the way you extend it to include possible sanctions.  A block-list for MP mode would introduce the possibility for additional bugs that we don’t need and adding sanctions to an open-model multi-player server model has more aspects than a cat has hair - and all of those aspects are likely to be very unpleasant for everyone, saint and sinner alike.

Who defines what behavior deserves sanctions?  Who is to say that a particular behavior, (spawning on a runway for example), is really vile enough for “CONSEQUENCES” or really represents “anti-social behavior”?  So by doing what the game allows and operating the game in a normal way, (as far as the game itself is concerned), a player is now subject to sanctions because someone else doesn’t like it?

More importantly, what I might consider “anti-social”, what you might consider “anti-social” and what some third person might consider “anti-social” can vary over wide limits, so bringing the weight of sanctions down on someone is an extremely drastic thing to ask.

As far as MS “monitor[ing] everyone’s BLOCK list” is concerned - I have issues with the idea of MS being asked to police the way people play their games.  The EU’s privacy laws and US Constitutional law might have serious things to say about that - and I really don’t think MS/Asobo wants to become the MSFS “how do you play the game” police.  (Oooh!  I forgot to turn on my landing lights - I got banned?)

In my case I deal with this in a very simple way - I don’t user multi-player mode.

2 Likes

I’d be satisfied with an option to “not show aircraft that are not in my library”.
That way I’m not seeing all these aircraft that are not model matched properly.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to spawn where I want, especially when I use small airfields, some don’t even give an option on world map to spawn at a parking gate, only option is spawning on runway.

And some that do have parking for cold/dark starts are completely broken, for example I spawned at a remote airfield in the Amazon, it had large clear areas, but MSFS placed the few parking spots about 5 metres from trees and broken terrain that caused aircraft to crash and end flight.

If I had the option I could have placed the aircraft elsewhere for cold/dark start.

3 Likes

You are PIC – That’s YOUR Decision Captain … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I remember being able to do this in FSX. I dont see why this would be hard to implement. You can already set a custom location…they just need to add the elevation, and cold and dark option. Seems like a great feature and should be in the sim. Especially with helicopters.

2 Likes

You think that you’re not being tracked right now? :smiley: You might want to have a look at your pilot statistics. How many seconds you’ve flown inverted, etc. All statistics data is known by MS. And that’s fine, because you agreed with the EULA when installing the game.

3 Likes

It does seem easy enough, hopefully something they add in the future.

1 Like

I think everyone just needs to chillax. Multiplayer might be unrealistic, but there’s no way you can’t agree it’s at least more interesting or stimulating. Even if you just facepalm at the shenanigans.

Having others around at least lets you laugh when they crash into something or see people actually holding short of runways for others on final. Heck, even if you’re at 35K in the A320 and you pass over the top of some guy at 1K in his Cessna 152, you can look down and he can look up and notice each other and marvel that you can both fly around the world with thousands of other people at the same time. The dream back in FSX.

I can’t think of anything more boring to do in game than to be sitting at 35,000 feet, following the magenta line on autopilot and seeing no one around but maybe a bot every now and then.

That’s not realistic, that’s just anti-social. At least tell me you realism loving guys do vatsim.

2 Likes

I fly at those FLs and I use live traffic. And there’s plenty of it. (I’ve never used AI traffic so I can’t comment on it.)

1 Like

Yes you do use AI traffic. Live traffic is AI traffic; just the initial conditions are copied from flightaware (or wherever they get it). After they’re injected in the game, the AI takes over for the remainder of the time it’s in proximity of you.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from AI Traffic Vs Offline Traffic?:

1 Like