Open up the weather system WRITE access to 3rd party devs

I just want to clarify that we understand MS/Asobo have considerations that we are unaware of, and we are not blaming THEM for “stepping on our toes”. We understand it’s a business decision and we have no idea what complexities are involved. My reference to our toes being stepped on in the past seems to have been incorrectly referencing MS/Asobo and that is not the case. Our past has been challenging with lots of forces against us, mostly of competitive nature and it is that which I was referring.

Of course it is true that we are locked out and apparently in the only category of add-on developer that doesn’t get SDK access in this new sim we’ve been developing for over 20 years on, and that’s devastating (in more ways than you might imagine), but they don’t seem to be targeting US for exclusion specifically. It’s just weather add-on developers.

I’ve no ill will towards MS/Asobo, and I think what they’ve done with weather and depiction is incredible. I wish we could participate with SDK and developer support, but that is no longer in the cards, so we will do the only thing we can, develop without that… in effort to survive, keep the bills paid and food on our tables, keep the dream alive, and deliver to our customers and supporters. As others have including REX and Orbx.

3 Likes