People are Upset, MS/Asobo needs to address this

for now every user should be able to upload the generated DUMP file manually to ZenDesk with some repro steps

I agree with the tone of your post but…

It would help if people actually had confidence that the Zendesk and fault reporting in general worked in a practical way.

Beyond that, since I am not personally savvy in the Dev department, I’m not sure what other help I could provide.

Perhaps Assobo would like us to ingest their food for them, or maybe breathe in-and-out on their behalf?

It seems to me that they are in a hole that they cannot climb out of and the water level is rising

4 Likes

I work in software and Zendesk is believed by our customers to be “a black hole” and I understand why. When you can put anything in but the team can only put so much out, it’ll always appear that way. That said, the only way we’ve ever been able to restore faith in our customers is to be honest and frank with them about what’s going on. Asobo has yet to do that. They need to address that every update that I can think of has introduced major issues to a significant number of users, and that they do not have a good track record of handling it promptly.

2 Likes

too many problems to take already 1 year and getting worse …
Now I do not connect the finguers to the plane in any airport in addition to the payment ones !!

I agree, I find it odd in the extreme that some people will read a thread about an issue that doesn’t apply to them and yet feel compelled to post and say so. Fair enough if they had something constructive to add but more often than not the subtext is that the OP has no right to stand up and voice their complaint.

3 Likes

For crash reporting I’m surprised if they don’t have anything. Been working in software for many years now and have always implemented automated crash reporting for all the software I’ve been working on (which covers many different platforms), and it’s personally why I’ve felt no need to report crashes as I simply cannot fathom if they don’t have such reporting (since it’s SO foundational for any software you have running in the wild, since as you said - users have vastly different hardware / runtime environments)

Tons of players out there with just the following being a few examples: CrashRpt, Datadog, Firebase Crashlytics, New Relic, Dynatrace, Sentry, etc., etc.

On platforms where you don’t have a product that fits it’s usually straight forward to build your own (and enriching the data with whatever data points is necessary, to capture as much state as reasonable), and then feed the raw data into Tableau or similar tool for analysis (even Excel works for basic analysis).

For a game like MSFS I’d imagine checkpointing of the game state is what they have in place.

That said - having this assumption could be wrong; but in that case I’d think they implement such reporting ASAP for basic usecases, and with checkpointing tying into replay functionality at a later date :man_shrugging:

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify something here.
The community is upset because more than half of the 355 reviews were only 1 star?

This is why we can’t have nice things.
Our society as a whole revolves around how many stars something gets. Nobody ever looks to see how many people actually took the time to leave a review.

A title that has literally sold millions of copies has about 250 1 star reviews, and you suggest the developers need to do some soul searching and sit down with the community to resolve our differences?

3 Likes

I had very little trust that SU5 would be a success: utter failure…users not able to play for 6 weeks.

After SU5: unplayable
REALLY hoping SU6 fixes things finally: it gave me more issues now than SU5. Guys: don’t fool yourselves…this sim has proven for 13 months and after promise after promise they don’t deliver. I don’t expect this will ever change since there’s been no evidence of them killing 13 month old bugs. Product COULD be great but not with Asobo doing it

2 Likes

I was agreeing with him

Asobo released the disaster of Sim Update 5, and have had next to zero communication since then. 1.5 months and we still have significant graphical downgrades and hundreds of new bugs. We have the right to be upset especially for those whose sim was running great before. I went from flying 30+ hours a week pre-Sim Update 5 to zero since it’s not enjoyable in the current state for me. I agree this needs to be addressed.

4 Likes

Just had a disgraceful CTD trying to fly Milan Linate to Euro Airport Basle. CTD in just 45 mins.

I really can’t be bothered investing time and energy in this broken game until it gets fixed.

The whole reason I got a Series S was for this game that is “Optimised for Series S/X”. How can the CTD be happening so frequently on a 1 month fresh device that hasn’t been modified in any way?

Is the Series S just too weak and lacking sufficient Ram? In which case I was mis-sold both game and console.

3 Likes

If people are having so many issues and problems how do you explain the over 7,000 people right now using it in steam :thinking:

1 Like

I can’t speak for this implementation of Zendesk, but your traditional helpdesk layout, including ours at work is usually like this:

Customer <------> Helpdesk <------------> Engineer that fixes stuff

What we have is this:

Customer <-----> Helpdesk <-------> MS/Asobo staff that triage the tickets ------------> Internal helpdesk/bug tracker

We have no communication to the internal side of things. Issues that can be explained away as a configuration error, or one of the what I would imagine very few that can be resolved by 1st line are, and everything else is marked as “solved”, and into the black hole they go.

3 Likes

@ hobanagerik
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
I had 5 tickets in that last 3 months: never even got a reply.

2 Likes

It’s a little Twitter-bubble in here. Wading across social media paints a different picture of the reaction to the sim. Great game, yea, but that’s not saying much when considering the quality of the other releases in 2020-2021. My experience is that the response to the sim overall has been underwhelming and certainly the butt of a lot of jokes and head-scratching on YT. 2-3 stars is about what it is.

This place would be better if you (and others) would stop pretending to be some spokesman of the community. Feel free to voice your opinion (even if there are other threads with the same topic to be used) but stop trying to make it as you speak for some kind of majority.

2 Likes

As opposed to the millions of customers…MSFS is flat across every metric I’ve seen so far outside of this forum.

Now with all that said I am very much enjoying what WU6 has brought. I’ve had no crashes, no download issues (in fact this was the fastest update by miles, at least this year), performance is great, and I am not at all upset.

It’s unfortunate regarding the many bugs we face, but I am content with what we have, rather than getting angry, and upset over what we don’t.

Each persons tolerance level for frustration will differ, and its sad to see that in recent months there are more, and more posters who let this boil over into the forums, which is totally unwarranted. As long as those posts are offering constructive feedback that’s fine, but they very often aren’t, and lead to more work being generated for the moderators.

2 Likes

And yet, I have more than 50 hours in the cockpit between testing SU5 and since release. I have flown every stock aircraft at least for one flight.
Other than some issues with the lighting (too bright outside / too dark inside) and some altimeter/pressure problems, I would hardly say unplayable.

5 Likes

Are you speaking for the majority of users as a spokesperson? LOL

1 Like