Photogrammetry melted issue

So Since the previous few updates I have noticed a huge issue with the photogrammetry, as I have seen others have too.

At first I thought it was a rendering issue but it does not seem that way now. Flying low (500ish) it is not too noticeable and but Above that all the buildings around are flat and melted looking until you get directly above them.

It kinda sucks when you fly into our out of a nice city and everything looks flat and melted. Is something Asobo has to fix or is there something to help it now?

I ask because I see other simmers on social media post pics and videos of flying and they don’t seem to have any issue with cities looking melted and flat.

Appreciate any insight.

they reduced the distance LOD of the building. it is intentional… perhaps to keep the performance, especially for the upcoming xbox release

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Please Fix Photogrammetry and/or LOD

I was afraid it would be intentional for Xbox… bummer.

I also fly those cites too. I agree spiky and rough is the best way to describe it for me… my specs are high-end as well. I am on a 1920x1080 monitor right now but I am actually getting a new monitor today that is 3440x1440.

That’s why they will release the Xbox version this summer: everybody will think that the buildings melt because of the heat.

1 Like

HAHAHA! Right!.. disappointing… we all buy/invest in PC’s so the sim doesn’t look like a Xbox game. I’m sure plenty have said this but why can’t they (if possible) make a Xbox version and keep a optimized PC version that looks like the release did.

1 Like

They can’t even make a stable working PC version let alone optimised version!

1 Like

Hi there,

Before creating new topics in this category, please use the search function to look for existing topics. Duplicate topics can negatively impact the community by splitting the conversation, reducing the number of votes an idea receives and making it hard for users to find useful information.

You can use the search system by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top navbar. You can make use of the advanced search system by clicking the options link in the search box.

If you find an existing topic you can open that topic to leave feedback, or vote for the topic. If you can’t find one then you can create a topic - don’t forget to discuss the what, why and how.

Please see this thread.

1 Like