Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000
}

save changes and run sim

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
Iā€™ll try that when I get back home

So I make this notepad file and add it to the installation folder?
Or is the file already there, and I just need to put these new values in?

Yes.

In notepad open file named UserCfg.opt
and edit lines
Sharpen
FilmGrain

save changes

edit
Default file path // ms store ver.

c:\Users\YourUSerNAme\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

Thanks again.
Iā€™ll let you know my findings.

okey-dokey

Absolutely seeing this. Itā€™s awful. Along with the oversaturation from HDR everything is either bleached out and textureless or graintastic.

9 Likes

This was always a thing.
If in doubt just do a search and check dates.

No, itā€™s definitely much worse after SU5.

5 Likes

Really, oddly I thought it was better, who knows.

This-

Now imagine that pulsation around.

1 Like

Far as i recall clouds have always done that, it just kind of depends on allot of factors, they can still look really good though.

What settings are you on?

Note: if you are using VR im not sure we can compare.

1 Like

Have a look at the many cloud shots in these posts since SU5. Look pretty good to me.

Try to turn off bloom! I saw an improvement.

Yes the clouds should absolutely be rolled back on the PC version to their former glorious photorealism from the earlier release days.
Wow these cloud formations and thunderstorms looked more awesome before November, and got slowly but significantly downgraded over time.

I loved these early release clouds, now the clouds still look awesome when taxiing or starting and having some distance from them - but they donĀ“t look the same anymore when flying through them or over them.

This absolute 100% realism when flying through clouds from the early release days is somehow gone, hard to describeā€¦ this foggy-like appearance, the nebula-like seamless grades of transparency when slowly breaking through the clouds, the photorealistic illumination while being in clouds and slowly climbing above them, is somehow gone.
The clouds itself are pixelated the shading inside is different, there are now ā€œmach`sche streifenā€ (donĀ“t know the english term for that, itĀ“s a term for poor colour grading and poor transparency in stripes instead of stepless reduction of transparency, now they have these machĀ“sche lines like 8 or 16 bit textures instead of 32 bit colour grading).

This flight sim is PERFECT (in my opinion) but the clouds need some love and attention :wink: and need to be brought back to their former glorious visuals looks and feels when flying through them.

7 Likes

Yes they are awful, but Xbox could not handle Ultra clouds, so here we are, take it or leave it.

1 Like

Different people have reported issues with pixelated clouds over and over. I had them about 4 months ago and then an update fixed them. Iā€™ve no idea why it comes and goes, probably some issue with the shaders and the particular PC config. Hopefully one day they nail it down so it always looks good on all configs.

They look fine here - so Iā€™ll take it.

next sim update will be directx 12 for pc (xbox has it already) so iā€™d guess next patch pc will be prioritized and the sim will be great again, but it takes some time

1 Like

I canā€™t find this file on the steam version :cry: