Please fix the large blurry lights when viewed on ultra wide

I know there are some threads about night lighting, and an indicated fix of “long range quality” (whatever that really means? :)), but the large, orb like bulbs and blurriness is really ruining any realism and immersion when flying at night.

Hi @Maxeuronate77,
did you try to turn of bloom in the graphic settings?
See for comparison pictures:

I haven’t but will try later and feedback. Thanks for the suggestion :+1:

1 Like

IIRC a specific issue with ultrawide monitors is that the on-screen size of the effects for point light sources is scaled according to the (horizontal?) FOV (field of view), rather than to any physical size, and it’s tuned for 16:9 screens.

On my 3440x1440 21:9 monitor this isn’t too bad, but I hear it’s much worse at 32:9 or more. Folks using combined multiple monitor desktops find this is extremely annoying, and I can see why from the screenshots I’ve seen!

There should be some existing threads on this subject, but I don’t have a link handy.

In the cockpit, the difference between 16:9 and 21:9 is most visible at night. This has nothing to do with the settings. Here, the settings are identical for both resolutions (2560x1080 vs. 1920x1080). It is best to look at the pictures enlarged in a new window. I don’t mind it so much, but that’s what they’re talking about with the lights under Ultrawide.

Cockpit view 21:9 (2560x1080)

Cockpit view 16:9 (1920x1080)

Outside view 21:9 (2560x1080)

Outside view 16:9 (1920x1080)

2 Likes

@AlexE75 is right. I tried turning off Bloom but it made no noticeable difference. I really hope Asobo get around to looking at this problem as I’m sure there are a lot of folks who use ultra wide screens. I have the Alienware AW3821DW - which is a great screen otherwise!

I don’t find that so bad and the difference is rather minimal in my eyes. Other problems are more important to me. But anyone who is bothered by it is welcome to vote here. I don’t find it problematic, but you have my vote.

1 Like

Fixed in Sim Update VI