Please let us have a pause mode that actually freezes time

You can pause without menu - Flyby camera?
My problem is that you then cant manipulate the drone which is essential for good screenshots.

Use real pause then. No active pause.

Ok, not sure how I could have missed that one. Actually I do know, because once again that filter defaulted to ASSIGNED and not ALL.

Still, some observations:
It’s a joke there is no more simple “toggle pause” key binding available.
It’s still no real pause. The aircraft freezes, yes, but the time and weather still advances. Look at the watch before and after you enter pause.

Hence, my request should be rephrased: Give us a real pause back, with a simple toggle for a (one) keystroke. No need to waste two keys for pausing and unpausing.

1 Like

Your plane is totally paused, not the world… You can’t pause life, can you?
But you can take pictures, and your plane will continue from where you left it after you unpause…
I’m sorry my English isn’t good enough, but there is a BIG difference between active pause and real pause…

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are trying to say. You also can’t fly a 747, can you? Yet in the sim you can. What’s your point.

There is virtually no difference in active pause to normal pause except for the plane being completely frozen, as opposed to active pause which is way more like a lat/lon freeze. No other difference I can think of. Makes no sense. It’s completely useless if you do a flight and perform a fuel check, just to see that you are on fuel but sadly an hour behind your schedule because you were paused for an hour and the time continues to run in the background. Pause should be pause and nothing else, PAUSING the sim and not freezing the plane while the simulation continues to run. For other purposes we’ve always had seperate lat/lon and altitude freeze.

2 Likes

If you say so… Probably they have made those pause options just for fun…?
Wise ■■■

I can see what MittelJupiter is looking for, and if you are flying in for example FSEconomy it would be quite important to pause not only the plane but the sim itself, if not your flight time will be longer than it should be, and you will be charged for rental for an extra hour or whatever you paused for.

You are right. While I don’t know that particular add-on, it’s important on every simple flight that will follow an actual flight plan. Fuel consumption is obviously bound to the time traveled, as is distance, and it makes zero sense to fill out the flight log when you paused, and nothing but the time advaced in that time. Completely messes up the flight plan. Just one example.

Are you using Live weather AND time?
What do you think would happen, if you use LIVE time and pause your airplane?
:man_facepalming:

C44M0 - try being courteous instead of condescending. If you have a solution (say like using non-live weather or moving the time by a small increment) which makes the pause function stop time, then please suggest that.

Edit: Remember that most sims before this one have not been geared towards always live multiplayer environments. This is new for most simmers.

Really simple, it goes out of live time. What would you have thought? Could’ve figured that one out yourself, seriously…

@TheRealViking84 I totally get your point, of course I’m aware that the live environment is new. Such should be the solutions to those issues. Since we have not had that tight connection to live time before, this obviously needs to be thought about.

1 Like

Hello,
I already tried with SET PAUSE ON and OFF assigning a KEY but I just noted that during the PAUSE the real traffic planes continue to move.
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks.

escape is the one that you can use

1 Like

Yep escape key is the actual pause button but it take you to an options menu. Live pause will pause the plane in the air but it doesn’t actually pause the game or the physics so you better be flying straight and level at a constant speed. Otherwise it will continue to do what it was doing you just won’t see it. And don’t live pause with auto pilot on or things get really crazy lol.

And if you are talking about live traffic, no you can’t pause that. It is LIVE traffic. It is going to keep updating because it is tracking real life flight data. Just like you can’t pause other players during multi player. You only pause your end of it. What they are doing will continue to move on.

4 Likes

I use TOGGLE PAUSE, which is like Esc in that it stops all YOUR flight activity and takes you to the menu. Hit the button again and flight resumes. Great for interruptions when you need it to be quiet, like receiving phone calls, or taking breaks.

there is a different real pause that will pause everything and is without menu so you can take screenshots, you need to bind the keys, they are unbound by default,
search for: set pause off, and set pause on in keybindings.

Thare are actually 3 different pauses…
Esc - menu,
Pause - Active pause
And unassigned pause… You have to assign keys to Pause ON and Pause OFF.
You don’t have to use esc to pause

2 Likes

If you switch on “Developers Mode” in General settings, you can use “Pause Simulation” in dropdown menu. Works for me, but would love to Key bind it !

1 Like

Then why don’t you assign a key for it?

Not sure how too as it doesnt give option !