PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Absolutely recommend!

I must say that I flew airliners many years ago, generally fly now GA but I did intension to buy it and is amazing! I have some previous experience, also VFR/IFR rules no problem and can fly this bird after some tests where I didn’t have any crash and managed it perfectly. Now I did another perfect RNAV approach at Tatry Slovakia LZTT with bad weather what covers now Slovakia and can confirm, weather and this bird are very good. It takes of course some knowledge and habit but after some flights you will don’t have problems. Can again confirm that is worth money! It’s systems are perfect and with my trainings especially with VNAV RNAV approaches I can only recommend it, really.

LZTT RNAV app rwy09 now:

4 Likes

How does the INIT REF Request work? It doesn’t import the simbrief values.

I may be wrong, but I believe this request does not import anything from SimBrief, only default values that you have configured in your settings like e.g. Cost Index etc…

Maybe, it says in the documentation it works like the real aircraft when getting the data.

To any of you smarter with .config files than I am (not a very high bar)… I understand the different winglets are unique to each livery. Is there a way to go into a livery file and change the code to have different winglets? I like the look of the split wing better!

I don’t believe it loads in the passengers and fuel data - you need to set that in the FS Actions menu in the FMC and load up the plane per your plan. I think. At least, that’s what I’ve been doing.

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile: Just wanted to know what data it sets. Can’t figure it out :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, the winds and routing data are nice, lol.

2 Likes

For me they has not matched the sim on CRZ. Need more testing.

Mine have been very close, but the longest flight I’ve made is about 2 hours. Last night’s 90 minute flight from Tampa to Nashville had winds within about 3 degrees and 3 - 5 knots of predicted, using live weather in the sim.

1 Like

TIME/DATE switches between time and date. Time can be MANual or UTC which is an automatic setting from GPS. In manual you can set it with the SET and + - buttons. ET starts and stops elapsed time, RESET to reset. CHR is a stopwatch function, momentary push for start/stop and reset.

The TC/SR button … I have no idea, never seen it on the real bird.

Hi Guys,
in the 737 I have to enter an origin in the FMC before it will accept a destination.
I thought fields with dashes are optional and the square ones are mandatory.
Can’t imagine that this behavior is in real life, if the system has a reset in flight I just want to enter a destination and not spending time with an origin…
So anybody can confirm that?

Best regards
Alex

Well, sometimes it is and sometimes it’s not. It’s inconcistent for me. Now it’s fine though. My earlier flight it was around 30kts difference.

Now it’s almost spot on :slight_smile:

Flaps 15 is always selected AFTER the gear is lowered.

1 Like

Look what someone sent me.
http://www.b737studyguide.com/B737NGiPad/B737/LeftForwardPanel/Clock/Chronograph.html

4 Likes

You are right.
In the real aircraft you can put the destination without filling the origin airport.

1 Like

If interested in RL numbers… (that is if not speed controlled by ATC)
-200-220 at LOC capture
-180-200 on the glide - you need at least F5 otherwise in will accelerate - until about 6DME
-160 until 4DME - gear down around 4-5DME
-F15/SPD15
-F30/Vref30+add or F25/SPD25 and then F40/Vref40+add

Additive = half of steady headwind+gust (min 5 max 20)

Landing config (and checklist complete) should be achieved by 1000ft AGL.

7 Likes

Of course i’m interested. Thank you :slight_smile:

Is there an approach chart maybe we can find somewhere, like this one? (This is for the CRJ by the way)

@ScarsStitches

Hello,

it looks to me like maybe my now LZTT RWY27 ILS f.ex. it comes from VOR PPD with f.ex. 6500ft to FAF what is ABRAG fix and then right for procedure turn to final with descent. I think you can give it try.

Here you can find what you need as AIS of Slovak Republic in real life:
https://aim.lps.sk/web/index.php?fn=200&lng=en&sess=aSF640TS7b3gSQDOXjyf4xq4D2bS3RoUHCCHBICF

1 Like

Approaching Naples with Italy world update.

5 Likes