PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

FP question.
aftter the simbrief ,I see in the worldmap the right flightplan. once in the aircraft and fmc, I see that an airport between dep and arr is missing and so the plane will not go there.
any idea WHY?

You need to load the flight plan into the world map if you want to hear in game ATC, you also have to load it into the FMC separately to use it in the 737 to navigate with, it does not propagate from the FS world map planner.
Use simbrief downloader to save the .rte and weather files to the correct PMDG directories, you can then use the FMC to easily load them in.
You can of course alternatively enter the flightplan manually into the FMC.

Also the SID and STAR are usually missing from the imported flightplan so you usually manually add the departure runway and SID /STAR and check route for any discontinuities in the FMC.

the way you discribe it is the way I do .
the only thing which is different is: I use pln file from simbrief and you speak about rte.
is that tthe problem?

I don’t think the PMDG 737 knows what to do with MSFS .pln files. The PDMG format is .rte for flightplans & you set it up in the export section of simbrief/downloader. ie. this part-

Those directories must be down the installed aircraft path. They save two files a flightplan file .rte and a weather file .wx Both are used by the FMC.
The install path for me (ms store version of FS) is down the -
C:\Users\youruserid\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work

The directories you use there are called WX for weather .wx export files and Flightplans for .rte export files

Once that is set up you just hit pos init->route->flt plan request->PMDG 737 in FMC to access the exported simbrief routes and load them in. The weather files are loaded when you set up the winds etc in the FMC later.

Mod Translation:
Hello, it is not that I want to open a debate, but to show my dissatisfaction with the revision of PMDG 737 that FSELITE has carried out

I put parts written by them literally

“Animations, textures, and modeling don’t take full advantage of the MSFS engine.”

“Lack of use of modern sound engine techniques ruins some immersion”

“The autopilot struggles to stay on track and feels flawed; ground assistance is deficient”

I think it’s a very unfair review, and very misplaced, bad textures? Bad sound? A bad autopilot? It really seems like a joke to me and I am very outraged, first of all because especially those parts with which I have quoted I totally disagree,

I’m a big fan of rivets, I’m very select and I’ve bought a lot of add-ons in fs2020 and I can say that this 737 PMDG has excellent external modeling, it’s missing some things, but it’s amazing!

the sound is amazing, much better than the phoenix, at least inside the cabin

I haven’t had a single problem with the autopilot!

It is clear that it can be improved like all products! you can always improve! but I find this review pathetic!

I’m not a fan of PMDG, in fact, for example, the DC6 has a very poor exterior modeling, you talk and pixelate everything! but one thing is one thing and another is this piece of 737 that he has taken out!

Hola, no es que quiera abrir un debate, sino mostrar mi insatisfacción con la revisión del PMDG 737 que FSELITE ha llevado a cabo

Puse partes escritas por ellos literalmente

“Las animaciones, las texturas y el modelado no aprovechan al máximo el motor MSFS”.

“La falta de uso de técnicas modernas de motor de sonido arruinan cierta inmersión”

“El piloto automático lucha por mantenerse en el rumbo y se siente con errores; la asistencia en tierra es deficiente”

Creo que es una crítica muy injusta, y muy fuera de lugar, ¿ malas texturas? ¿ mal sonido? ¿Un mal piloto automático? Realmente me parece una broma y estoy muy indignado, en primer lugar porque especialmente aquellas partes con las que he citado estoy totalmente en desacuerdo,

Soy un gran fan de los remaches, soy muy selecto y he comprado muchos complementos en fs2020 y puedo decir que este 737 PMDG tiene un excelente modelado externo, le faltan algunas cosas, ¡pero es increíble!

el sonido es increíble, mucho mejor que el fénix, al menos dentro de la cabina

¡No he tenido ni un solo problema con el piloto automático!

¡Está claro que se puede mejorar como todos los productos! ¡siempre puedes mejorar! ¡pero esta reseña me parece patética!

No soy un chico fan de PMDG, de hecho, por ejemplo, el DC6 tiene un modelado exterior muy pobre, ¡hablas y pixelas todo! ¡pero una cosa es una cosa y otra es esta pieza de 737 que ha sacado!

1 Like

if you want a state for all liveries you have to use fixed config.

3 Likes

Another non update week?? 3 in a row

No sorry I haven’t come across any free ones for iOS or Windows.

The FSElite review totally tore strips of the -700 release. They raise good points and it goes to show you can’t bank on your laurels.

1 Like

Yep, indeed, good and fair review! Review: PMDG 737-700 for MSFS - FSElite

4 Likes

You know what they say about opinions …

That said, it’s by far the best modern Boeing available, and worth the cost charged.

7 Likes

I hope it gets on the marketplace before the 800 comes out because I don’t want to manually update it

1 Like

I just realized that per the latest Dev Update from Asobo, SU10 has now been pushed out until late August. That’s disappointing - the graphical rendering bug in the sim that causes PFD flickering in the 737 has been ID’d by Asobo and PMDG but won’t be fixed until SU10.

The sim weather radar APIs also won’t be released until then, which means still no working weather radar until after that, too.

2 Likes

In the dev call they spoke about having a longer beta testing cycle, so perhaps the beta will arrive later this month and get lots of testing done prior to release. I think SU9 issues rattled them a bit.

1 Like

“Less frequent updates!!!” the bipolar simmer crowd chanted…welp.:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

If it’s being pushed to increase the probability of having complete optimization for DX-12, i’m happy to wait…:frowning:

2 Likes

Pretty sure DX12 isn’t going to be the magic bullet that people think it is.

4 Likes

I’m a hopeful romantic, don’t ruin my wet dream :slight_smile: (oh boy i think that came out wrong lmao).

2 Likes

Good day!

During the Ocean flight PMDG has changed two times the time and I got in 1 ms the night from day. It was about 6-7h flight.

I also have weather toolbar preset grey so I couldnt change back the time.

I have never this on another aircraft.

Any solution?

Updates are fine, as long as they are not mandatory. Sometimes you just want to do a quick VFR flight and have to cancel your plans because there’s a 2 hour mandatory update.

The thing is downloading and decompressing each update file individually (hundreds of files per SU), instead of downloading a full compressed file and then decompressing it. It’s SOOOO inefficient and annoying.