PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Weird - hard to explain

1 Like

You’re telling me mate. Unfathomable. Haha.

2 Likes

Anyone seen any info on when we’ll be getting the long awaited EFB?

Once in a while I can get the front payload to load, never the aft and yes, the loaders are present with the doors open and the payload/passengers are loaded in the FMC. I can Never get the passengers to load via stairs or jetway. Doors open, parking brake on, bus if the stairs are present, doesn’t matter they won’t load. I even tried using the APU thinking maybe they needed a/c before loading,that didn’t work either. Am I missing something?

No need to open doors manually unless you want to.

For freight, screen 4, all should have <REQUEST. Click on the soft keys for each one. The loaders arrive first. Once they connect, the line changes to <RELEASE. The carts arrive after the loaders. If the status is <ARR HOLD, they are waiting for the loader to connect or something is blocking them.

When the loaders and carts show <RELEASE, freight and baggage can be removed or added. The loaders have weights displayed on the left side with target boxes. If no freight has been removed, none can be added as the aircraft is at capacity. To unload the freight, put “0” or the weight to REMAIN after unloading. UNLOAD will turn green. Press <START to unload. Once baggage and freight have been unloaded, new freight and baggage can be loaded by entering the new total lbs and then <START. When finished, press <RELEASE on the right side to remove everything. The loaders will wait until the carts drive off.

Passengers are similar.

Screen 1 has JETWAY on the right. If no jetway is available, it will show INHIBIT and only STAIRS can be used for passengers.

On screen 3, request PAX BUS so passengers aren’t wandering around the tarmac. Also, the PAX BUS brings new passengers.

The right side show PAX ENTRY for stairs or jetway. If no jetway is available, use STAIRS. Then on the left, <REQUEST STAIRS 1L and STAIRS 2L. Don’t start other services because they may block the stairs. Sometimes ARR HOLD will display for one of the stairs while the other is connected (<RELEASE is displayed). Passengers will exit using the back (aft) stairs. On the right side, there is a number for PAX. This is the number of passengers in the aircraft. Put a number in the boxes under TARGET. This is the number of passengers remaining in the aircraft. Enter “0” to completely empty the aircraft. When a number is entered, START> is displayed under DEPLANE. Press start and the passengers will start leaving. The PAX counter will show how many passengers are still in the aircraft. New passengers can be added up to the maximum number of passengers. Enter a number LARGER than PAX and DEPLANE changes to BOARD.

When the passengers are finished leaving or boarding, RELEASE the STAIRS or remove the JETWAY (screen 1). RELEASE the PAX BUS if it present.

When connecting something and it shows INHBT, it is waiting for something else to connect or to be removed. Sometimes the power unit, cleaning service, or catering will block other connections.

When everything has been removed and departed, remove the wheel chocks to start the flight.

1 Like

As far as I am aware this is incorrect.

To board passengers from the jetway you need to open the door, it doesn’t open automatically when the jetway is connected, and you can’t click start boarding until this door is open.

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question need help.

I installed the new Nvidia driver and optimized my MSFS2020 setting from GeForce Experience.

Than I realized that my instrument become unclear and hard to read especial the numbers.

My question is which setting I have to change?

Sorry for my poor English.

It probably turned on DLSS for the antialiasing, it creates these blurs until they come up with a fix.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Will waiting for fix.

1 Like

Anyone know why the engines are not going to the N1 value I have set?

You are correct! Thank you! I am used to the jetway connection on non-737 aircraft. It is strange the doors open automagically for the stairs but not for the jetway. Not sure why it was made like this.

this QMCP737C hardware can help you improve VATSIM experience

OMG I finally figured this thing out. What a flaw by PMDG. The aircraft should be empty (no cargo no passengers) upon start up. Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like

That’s not a “flaw,” it’s just the default panel state. Change things to whatever you personally want, save the panel state with whatever name you want, then set that state to be your personal default.

4 Likes

just being flying the 737 across the alps - cruising at 20-30k feet…
but don’t seem to be getting any contrail effects - does this need particular conditions or a setting enabled to work?

I had contrails when I flew yesterday at 31k ft.

managed to get them at altitude but had to tweak the temperature…
also should there be any touch down fx’s for a heavy landing - do you need to enable a
certain setting or should they be on by default?

Contrails work fine in the sim and with the PMDG 737. But below 30,000 feet you get them very rarely. The contrail formation depends on the weather (I think it’s the dew point and temperature). I usually begin to see them at around 31,000 feet.

Thanks -effect looks good now I got it working
Are u getting any touchdown fx?(didnt see anything last time I had a heavy landing)

1 Like

Not sure, I always do pillow landings :smile: I will test it tonight.