PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

Interesting, yes I remember the flow I used to learn the NGX way back when had a single fuel pump on before starting the APU so I’ve always done it that way. I normally turn them all on since I’ll soon be starting the engines.

2 Likes

So! Yes, some airlines do have an option to install a separate DC powered fuel pump for the APU. However that isn’t too common afaik.

The purpose of the APU fuel pump is to establish positive pressure in the fuel line when starting it. It can still start without, but that creates a lot of wear and tear on the APU itself. Not something you need to worry about a lot in the sim though :wink:

Otherwise, it’s normal to put the left AFT pump on as that is the lowest point (so eliminate risk of moisture). (Some SOP’s states that you can alternatively use the left FWD, but that is a bit more complicated and involves the center tank scavenging system etc… No need to worry about that)

3 Likes

Thanks and good morning, any chance when you get time of doing a rundown of what multi-mode means and it’s functionality for us lay people?

3 Likes

It’s this baby:

2 Likes

Nice, that does look quite helpful.

The speedbrake in the real airplane is always used either full up or full down. The only scenario where partial deployment of speedbrake is used is in case you’re in the cruise and a gust brings you too close to MMO and that doesn’t happen frequently (or at all in MSFS because the autothrottle in the sim is less lazy than in the real airplane). Apart from that you would never raise them partially. So you’re ok by using the default key assignment to deploy and stow it.

5 Likes

it’s now a couple of flights that i got all the caution lights popping out with no apparent issue on flight controls or in general

i can’t comprehend what’s going on or what’s the cause

the only thing i thought as a trigger is entering the isa dev (do need to test it again to be sure if it’s a trigger or simple coincidence, clearing it do not cancel the warning)

if i clear the lights and press again master caution only the IRS caution light remains

Oh ■■■■ is this turning radius thing new?
I noticed last night i can’t get it to turn on the runway anymore.

1 Like

I do know of one case, namely BWI, where the default airport doesn’t have 33L? depicted directly and it looks like just one big long slab of asphalt. When landing or trying to taxi, need to apply almost full thrust to get enough motion going. Other airports have caused sluggish taxiing which results in needing to apply thrust or bring the turning ability of the aircraft almost to a complete standstill. I think what myself and the other person are talking about is more of the radius of turning is not accurate, even with full left or right tiller. Only way for me to get around turns in a sharp manner involves me needing to turn and the recenter and turn again in order to get a more natural range. In the real aircraft, full turn should allow the plane to turn on a dime.

As of today when I open the PMDG Ops Center it makes a quick opening and immediately closes. When I try it again it messages that a copy is running. I can’t find it anywhere. The only thing I have found to do to clear it is to open Taskl Manager and delete it. If I open it again the same thing happens. I don’t know if it updated or not since I can’t get into it at all. Anything I can do?

Yes, you must be really slow and not tilting the nose gear to the maximum, especially when the surface is wet. This issue started with one of the December updates for me.

2 Likes

I found a work around to the PMDG Ops Center problem in my above post—open Task Manager and right click on the Ops Center. An option to expand it shows up, click on that and the Ops Center appears. Click on that and it opens and updates correctly.

1 Like

By strange coincidence, on my flight tonight I have just got an IRS warning light. I’m about 2/3 in on a 600 mile flight. What does it mean. No warning lights etc on overhead panel. Cleared the warning and it’s gone now. Not seen that before.

There seems to be a bug with the IRS warning, Chris Makris from PMDG confirmed it on his PC and reported it to the dev team for a fix.

3 Likes

OK that’s good to know. Thanks.

Not sure if this is the thread I need
I am running GSX and get the msg waiting for action open the main cargo door (PMDG 737)
Does anyone know how to open and close the main cargo door? (PMDG 737)

see pics
Cargo 3

I see that on the FMS against the Main Cargo Door is ‘Elec Inhbt’

Have you tried to enable Ground services in the Fms and then ‘Ground power’ and ‘Battery on’ on the cockpit overhead panel and then maybe see if you can then close the cargo door?

I’ve only had this AC myself a week or so and I am certainly no expert but it could work? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a power issue. On the FMC, go to Menu → FS Actions → Ground Services, and request Ground Power. Once your overhead shows that Ground Power is available, make sure you have the electric hydraulic pumps turned on. That should allow you to open/close the Main Cargo door.

1 Like

Anyone using FSLT for live traffic along with this sim? Took my first flight with the latest version of the 737 and also the latest version of FSLT. Frame rates have tanked. Stutters when panning around the cockpit, nearly a slideshow on approach to KBOS. Prior to this I had great FPS when using both. My guess is that the live traffic update is what’s killing my frame rate but just figured I’d table it here to see if anyone is having similar issues.

1 Like

I’m using it (when I remember to activate it) with my 737 with no noticeable problems.