PMDG 737 Discussion (PC Version) (Part 1)

I have never regretted a PMDG purchase in the 15 years I’ve been using them. That certainly does not mean they are holier than thou and release perfect products.

I echo Jeremy’s concerns over them letting past releases lag behind when focusing on their next revelation. There will come a point when the 737 is four SU’s behind as they work on their next release and I imagine the same will then happen to that release. To say MSFS is a dynamic environment is not really good enough when there are large gaps between updates and preview builds handed out.

I’ll be purchasing the 737 once they remember the DC-6. I am in no rush so will happily sit back and see what happens. The 146 will more than suffice for me until that time.

5 Likes

I would like to say something about the perfection demanded to pmdg. From a personal experience and knowledge in aviation I will say, are you nuts?. There is no simulator, even a level D, that simulates real life!!. A level D simulator recreate a specific scenario. For example the 737 max. Don’t you think that pilots flew unreliable air speed or AOA disagree scenarios in 737 max simulators before the accidents occured?. And do you believe that those simulators behaved the same way the 737max did with the MCAS?. Well they didn’t. Because the simulator doesn’t simulate the real aircraft. Its just a bunch of pre set scenarios that you can choose from.
The same happens for PMDG. It’s just a software that emulates the real aircraft. It’s systems are not programed like the real one. They are simplify. The same happens in level d sims. For examples if the 1L is open there is a an indication in the overhead panel of the 1L open. 1 and 0. In the real aircraft the signals runs through a proximity sensors on the door and the PSEU (computer) send the signal to the lamp in the Overhead panel. The PSEU is constantly cross checking the integrity of those sensores. That doesn’t happens in the PMDG or in any LEVEL D simulator.

MSFS is a new platform that requires a learning curve. That’s the issue with PMDG and it’s a normal issue. PMDG said that they doesn’t have a debug yet!. Do you know that that means?. Jesus…

If the PMDG 737 doesn’t have simbrief integration well type yourself the flight plan in the mcdu. Is not that hard. The majority of 737 operators doesn’t have a EFB on board. Download the PDF FPL to your tablet or cellphone and get the required information to complete the CDU preflight. It’s not that hard. And to be honest it’s better. IMHO makes the experience deeper. You can also check the fuel consumption from point to point to compare the actual consumption vs the FPL. That’s what you do in real life besides having the best Honeywell FMC available in the word.
It will have simbrief integration in the end. Maybe not now but in a near future it will.

The only thing negative about PMDG is their public relations management. How they inform the public about the progress of the aircraft is a disaster. Randazzo doesn’t comunicate well. The term “early adopted” it confuses people… everyone thinks is an euphemism for “early access”. The guy must be a really good pilot but it’s not a good PR guy.

I apologize for my Grammer I’m a not a native English speaker. I’m still studying the language.

If anyone requires a real 737-700FCOM and QRH send me a Private message and I will gladly send a (slightly outdated) one by email or if you have any question about the NG or MAX you can ask me too.

Best regards.

12 Likes

What do you guys think about the wing vibrations? See below, starting at 1:09:00

I personally think it’s too much, but other people said that it is realistic. I can’t remember seeing wings vibrate in that pattern but then again, the last time I was in a 737 has been a while ago now

I believe a real Captain for a 737 said that the wing flex was actually pretty realistic. So we will see!

5 Likes

I agree with everything you are saying… But please check this out, Almost everything is simulateded even the sat positions in real time. It is still not real life and of course is simulated, but sensors and things can be and are simulated before anything is put together. The code in the chips that mesaure sensors still runs in a simulated environment where the the 0 & 1 is changed to see the output given before being commited to the chips in the sensors. All code is 0 & 1 at the very end.

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/take-command-hot-start-challenger-650-p-212

1 Like

I was on a 737 a few days ago and had a wing seat the flex in the video looks pretty accurate

2 Likes

I also thought it was too much, but it is actually surprisingly close to real life!

5 Likes

TheFlyingFabio had a real 737 pilot on stream and asked him how the flex was, he said it was pretty accurate and indeed, scary (he didn’t like looking at them on flight for this reason :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

MSFS ATC: PMDG737, please expedite your climb to release date

10 Likes

my guess is after SU9 and a few days!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the 737 has a web browser CDU like the FBW A320 does? I love this feature on the FBW!

1 Like

Pretty sure that on their forum they said no, at least not at release.

I think you’re probably right. They’ve already let streamers show off everything except a couple of sound effects. I think they’ll just hold tight until SU9 drops and make sure it doesn’t throw up any issues, then release (or at least announce an imminent release).

3 Likes

Is this marketing show finally coming to an end?

2 Likes

Exercising patience is a lost art these days.

7 Likes

Look no further . . .

4 Likes

@wazitdoinnow

Yeah i have seen them and thats what i mean. Would be nice if he could zoon in on the FMC though when henis showing how to program … BUT it is a start

Now i hope for a release soon and start my long EXTRA wait for the -800 ( i hate marketing ) …

You do not want a plane that, after 2-3h of flying crashes and jumps around because of a bug, like happened to Theflyingfabio TWICE now.

They are trying to solve that issue before thousands of us get the plane and everyone starts blaming on them the release of a broken plane. Be patient.

1 Like

Wel people are reporting this with other planes also. So it could well be a MSFS bug … and we al know that can take a year to get solved … so wanna wAit for that ?

Also … i did only see it with that fabio guy … so also that could mean it is restricted to his combination of hard and software

Actually, theflyingfabio does appear to get fairly regular internet dropouts, so might it be an issue with his router or other networking equipment?