PMDG 737NG3 pushed to 4Q21

I hope this paves the way for a different developer to create a 737 for MSFS. I’m kind of happy to hear this news actually, and I’m a Boeing guy. I have 1500+ hours in the NGX, probably 1k hours in the Zibo. I love the 737. However, PMDG was never my favorite. No modeled cabin, terrible sounds, and the cockpit doesn’t look realistic- wrong colors, mis-shaped windows.

Remember that there are around 1k developers who have applied to be involved with MSFS- Surely someone out there is building a 737 for us.

I’m not ready to blame Asobo for this. My guess is another developer will come in with a clean-sheet product that is built specifically for MSFS instead of adapting something built around P3D.

They apparently corrected the cockpit issues in the latest P3D release, seems to have been well received, I didn’t get it. I stayed with the version you mentioned. No cabin I’m sure, but, I have always liked their 737, so I’m onboard when it comes out for MSFS.

I kind of wish we’d get the Zibo cockpit, cabin and sounds along with PMDG systems:-) Meanwhile, I guess we’ll all have time to get proficient in the Airbus…

1 Like

In other words Microsoft Flight 2 is too buggy for even 3rd party developers. This game will be dead in a year.

2 Likes

Not gonna happen, PMDG literally said: “we still remain convinced that MSFS will be the long-term best-platform for simming over the next decade”

However, you are free to return to Infinite Flight. Bye.

3 Likes

Stay on topic please.

Asobo needs to make the SDK & third party development a top priority.

1 Like

Don’t feed them. People are still convinced Rome must be built in a day or it will fail. People in the 50s believed the jet age was over when the Comet didn’t deliver… you know “Jet Airliner 1.0”.
It’s obviously all a conspiracy… no way Asobo could have a genuinely challenging task of bringing brand new technology to a community that virtually stopped advancing more than 10 years ago. People seem to forget that bringing out new technology always comes with enormous challenges … ah yes I forgot MS/Asobo are intentionally deceiving us! Either by rushing things that don’t meet people’s standards or by taking their time that again doesn’t meet up with what people expect.
It might all be a huge conspiracy to get us to dump our money on those unproven “Comets” or “707s”, or it may very well be just the teething challenges of bringing out brand new technology in a world that’s ever growing in complexity and thus nearly impossible to foresee.

2 Likes

I agree, I’ve been talking to other devs and many are feeling held back due to the lack of proper SDK and support. One said the communication with Asobo is great but they have so much stuff going on (see @Aviara 's post above) that it’s taking more time than everyone hoped/expected.

And you add the fact that PMDG usually works at snails pace… I have no problem waiting though, there’s plenty to do and see. flybywire is also doing a brilliant job in keeping myself busy hehe

99% of comments on this forum is “sim bad lul” and people thinks it’s great

it’s mostly the lack of documentation that is the problem

I really missed to fly a 737. I hope Ixeg will bring its classic 737

99% of the comments here that give Asobo a hard time basically just want a rehashed FSX that comes with all the addons they want standard.

One can either embrace and support new technologies and ideas (and contribute to make things better), or resist change and get left behind in their archaic ways.

1 Like

What a great idea. If only Microsoft had followed the same common sense.

Just as i expected.

Well yea when it comes to the way the aircrafts’ systems operated rehashing FSX would have been just fine. At least thats where a lot of my criticism comes from. I definitely do give Asobo a lot more leeway on getting the graphical issues and bugs worked out but when it comes to how the airframes operate there is no excuse. They jumped forward a generation on the graphical side but went backwards on the aircraft.

Wow. A delay of a WHOLE year. I was not expecting that even though I can tell how much of a pasta dish the current MSFS code is. At this delay rate, how long will Asobo keep up or cancel active feature dev…

I don’t know. I’m still having a ton of fun with GA aircraft and with the mod for the A320, it’s definitely playable. I’m glad I don’t have to wait longer. :wink:

Hope Asobo takes this new release update to heart, It`s been a long wait.