PMS50 GTN750 Project

You’ll find people tend to not pull out avionics even when they are inop as you then have to redo a bunch of paperwork and the weight and balance on certified aircraft.

1 Like

So true about the Arrow. I’m trying to wonder why people buy them over a Cherokee 180 with the added expense and not much better performance overall.

First time trying out the GTN750. It’s such an intuitive tool and I love how it fits perfectly with the latest update of the Arrow. The additional functionalities are super cool, especially Navigraph charts integration. Great job!

I’m hoping eventually that the aircraft location in the navigraph chart will become visible, too, at some point in the future (i.e. moving maps feature). The CJ4 does this in its MFD navigraph chart integration so I guess in terms of technical feasibility it should be possible here, too.

1 Like

Just got the GTN 750 installed in all the available aircraft and loving it. I so missed the GTN 750 since the P3D days. Got to the point where if I saw an airplane I wanted to buy but it didn’t have the capability of the GTN 750 I wouldn’t purchase it. So glad it’s back. Hopefully it will be expanded to many more aircraft in the future. Thanks guys. Great work.

2 Likes

Thanks to you

This is done and tested on my side. Should be released soon.

4 Likes

So glad to see the GTN750 becoming available for MSFS. I so much enjoyed the Flight1 version of the GTN750/GTN650 I used in FSX A2A Cessna aircraft. Except for the lack of a GTN650 for NAV/COM2 the integration of the GTN750 in the Just Flight Arrow III for MSFS is equally well done. Its replacement for the G1000 MFD in standard MSFS aircraft makes a strange combination. However I am willing to overlook that strangeness because I find it so much more user friendly than the G1000 MFD. It is kind of like having a G3000 PFD/MFD without the external keypads. The availability of Navigraph charts and other features in the premium version closed the deal for me.

2 Likes

Aircraft position in Charts page.
Now available in the last beta release.
Get it on https://pms50.com

11 Likes

Will it be possible to fly into the approach or other plates, like the old flight 1 GTN or use Navigraph charts for the screen depiction?

Also, would it be possible to tie the catalog to a nominated folder for flight plans?

This is brilliant already and I am deeply impressed. Well done!

1 Like

I didn’t know about this mod until Navigraph mentioned it in their latest tweet. I just finished reading 250 posts and I have to recognize and admire all the work Scorpio is doing here and I cant believe you are doing such an amazing job for free.
I tested the GTN and I think is good now but I am sure it will be great soon. I am more than happy to pay a fee to support developers like you which help to make our hobby more enjoyable with this kind of add ons.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your comment.
Just to be clear, the premium version will not be free. Only the beta version is free and the basic version (but not very expensive)

3 Likes

Yes, that is clear and will be happy to pay a fee to use the pro version. You should consider both models, one time payment (like RXP) with a “much higher” value or a monthly/yearly fee.

1 Like

@ScorpionFilm422 What will be the differences between the versions?
And again thank you for your work.

Will gladly pay a RXP-like one-time fee, not big on the subscription idea.

1 Like

@ScorpionFilm422 Where do you want feedback and bug reports? Just did a couple flights with a Navigraph subscription.

Basic version (free):

• COM/Nav
  • Transponder
  • Map
  • Flight plan editing and leg
  • Procedures
  • Direct To
  • OBS
  • Nearest pages
  • Waypoint pages
  • Messaging

Premium Adds:

• Map waypoint selection
  • Map waypoint elevation data
  • Navigraph Charts
  • Traffic page
  • Terrain page
  • Weather radar
  • FPL preview
  • FPL Cumulative distance
  • FPL Import
  • FPL Catalog (load and save)
  • Textual Metar
  • VCALC utility

On discord: GTN750

I made a little mod, that makes the GTN750 (on G1000) also available at the Baron and the SR22. With my Mod you could also make the GTN750 appear on the GNS 530 of the C172Classic and the Carenado M20R. The screen is small but I trippled the resolution, so that it is still very sharp and readable.

I was not able the change the code in a way, that it would scale batter with the format off the GNS530, so there are black bars on the right and the left. Otherwise a lot of buttons in the GTN would overlap and the QR code for navigraph would not be fully visible.

4 Likes

Thanks, could use that to convert the GNS530 in the Carenado PA44 as well.
I don’t mind the black bars in the VS, but do you think it’s possible to not have the bars in the pop-up-mode?

1 Like

I would love a version for the Carenado PA44. Black bars on the side would not bother me. Definitely would want to preserve the 750’s proper aspect ratio.