PMS50 GTN750 Project

Subscription based, I’m afraid they have lost me. Am willing to pay a decent one off fee, but not every year.

1 Like

@N6722C, I tried it. It’s really nice. I also learned that I haven’t got the first clue how to fly a C208. I couldn’t even keep the engines lit.

@BuckskinToe587, what’s subscription based? Did you post in the wrong thread?

You get what you pay for – you already got a 1000+ hour Mod for FREE.
Maybe its time to start paying (a little) for a Professional Programmer’s Time.
But its your choice – “Pay to Play” or go without.

2 Likes

Right thread I’m afraid.

From the discord page: “any hints on pricing?” “No fixed yet but not very expensive. Per year subscription.”

Got to be a lot less than leasing a BMW !!!

3 Likes

@BuckskinToe587, OK, I see what you’re talking about now. Granted, it’s a bit of an unusual way to sell (or, I guess lease in this case) a mod like this, but shouldn’t you wait to see just what the price is before jumping to conclusions? Not that I think it will be, but let’s say it’s $0.01/month.

Wouldn’t that change your mind?

(Just to reiterate, I have no idea what the actual number will be, I’m just using the lowest hypothetically possible as an example to make my point. I have no special insights into anything, I’m just a beta tester who loves his GNS products, and wanted to help out with the GTN stuff, while also hoping for a free or discounted premium mod (but with no guarantees asked for or given) in the process.)

Don’t get me wrong, I support these developers as I certainly have no programming skills. I bought the GTN for FSX, P3D and X Plane and I was happy to as these were one off payments. I have also purchased numerous aircraft and utilities over the years, however I have always and will always refuse to purchase ones with a subscription. If this one is say, USD10 a month well, after a few years it starts to get expensive. Being on a pension one’s cash only goes so far.

2 Likes

I can reassure you, the price per year should not be more than a MacDonald’s with your family.

Most software bricks now use the subscription model so you can stop it if you are not happy.
Anyway, the basic (and free) version has been made strong enough and provides all the necessary functionality for flying your flight plan in good conditions.

Anyway this kind of software requires months of development, fix costs, and support. Unless providing a version with advertising messages from partners every 5 minutes in your cockpit, I don’t see how we can support the costs without requiring a small payment for extended features. The choice stays yours.

5 Likes

I don‘t know. I try to avoid subscription based models as best as possible. $3 per month would be the absolute maximum I‘m willing to spend on the mod. As even this add up to 180 over the process of 5 years. If however new feature are being added on a regular basis and the mod comes close to the real thing, then täthe price is justified.

Lets see how this plays out when prices are public.

This is the idea as far as the sim’s kernel allows to do it.

1 Like

@ScorpionFilm422, if you do that, I will take my crippled ■■■ out of this bed, drive to wherever it is you live, and personally smack the snot out of you. And I can’t drive!!! :wink:

#justsayno

I have a couple hundred hours of real-world 750 experience and no clue on how to use discord. I’d be interested in the beta.

Beta is discussed on Discord

Good news. I should be able to detect the WT Mod if here and so, to keep the engine pages if more than one.
Tested here with the DA62.

8 Likes

And G36

8 Likes

Beta basic update to 1.0.4
Change log:

• bugfix: VSR field was VS instead of VSR
  • Added VS Map field
  • Prohibit duplicates in map fields
  • Added detection of WT G1000 and display multiple engine pages

Note: if you have any MOD that replaces the panel.cfg of your aircraft, please consult the documentation if the GTN750 is not displayed.

5 Likes

i added it to the 172 but the screens are blank/black. the center console between the screens do light up but thats it. I placed the 172 file into the community folder

If you have followed the installation steps in the documentation, this should work, unless you have some other Mods changing your panel.
Anyway, all beta support is only on Discord.
Thanks for your understanding.

First flight yesterday and it was great. Only thought that crosses my mind at the moment, is that it might be good to add a hotspot to click the panel out, either to a second screen or to the main screen for a better and more direct view.

What an achievement.

1 Like

So glad to hear that JustFlight Piper Arrow III will have GTN 750 support in the next update!

Looking forward to trying it out :slight_smile:

They even featured it on a twitter post with screenshots:

Not sure if I like the combo with GPS 100 though…

2 Likes