[Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 Discussion

FSLTL is much better than what Asobo has developed, or tried to develop, but as SU11 broke the traffic. Come back again when they’ll fix it.

merci , j’ai fini par ré-installer le jeu !
c’est maintenant ok

thank you, I uninstalled/installed the game!
it’s ok now

Had to wait a bit to download on the release day, but overall, much better stability than SU10. No issues so far with CTDs. Performance seems on par with SU10, but I’m forever tweaking so hardly scientific - at least things didn’t get worse, which is a blessing. Wish there was more improvement for VR users (like fixing that %^&%$'ng HolographicShell issue), but some great content added in this release, so I’d give the team a pat on the back and a hearty handshake THANK YOU!

PC/Win11/i9/12900/3090/Reverb G2

1 Like

This problem is fixed in VR by creating a text file with the following configuration and renaming it as .bat extension. You have to run it with administrator privileges every time you start windows:

@echo off
logman stop HolographicShell -ets

*In any case, it seems that regardless of this great fix, people who have the latest version of Windows 11 installed and Nvidia graphics will continue to have many performance problems, since even the latest Nvidia drivers do not fix all the problems with Windows. We have to wait until Microsoft gives a solution to the problem or we have a new MFS update resolving it.

1 Like

Just took bell for ride in Toronto ciry and the waves were pretty rough and at the docks the boats are rocking on them
Amazing , has any seen that

Megabits - 65Mbps

Here is what the white dot really looks like when you are flying SU11.

Need I say anything more? How about for the sake of streamers making a toggle if you won’t do it for those of us asking?

Can you imagine streaming like this for two years and clicking up on the dpad every time to remove the white dot which also forced a camera reposition? What more justification do we need to push the point that should have never been forced?

Now you want me to click left stick then push up on the dpad AND then click left stick again just to find out it doesn’t actually remove it? HUGE regression with this feature and we have been pointing it out every single update.

Should be hot fixed but I know nobody cares about gamepad users. We are an absolute joke to the team and to the third parties who essentially scoff at the mention of issues with gamepads most are completely oblivious to this issue yet some of us have had to live with it for years now.

Lets get the drone cam oscillation (tilt on axis) fixed too, it’s way past due. These QOL fixes should be #1 and #2 on the list IMO. You seem content to add menu controls to the dpad but won’t listen to actual feedback from your pilots…

4 Likes

Indeed I also notice that things have been toned down, only 4 short flights around in “turbulent” weather conditions based on METAR and it feels that the atmopshere is less alive than even in SU11 beta… Hopefully I’m wrong, still digging

EDITED: after digging, gusts are definitily there, it was even very challenging in approach at many spots, Alaska, Norway, France in bad live weather conditions and gusty ones. I finally don’t think that things have been toned down, fortunately!!! Still missing convective in TS/CB and “dangers in the skies” that I really wish it will come asap! :wink:

Got to say I’m loving the update largely! had fun in a heli and the gliders and soaring are just mwah.

Only issues I noticed was that The Wright flyer mission is really Janky - launch rail reappears whenever you touch down.

Still it’s a bucket more content, some lovely aircraft, and there’s quite a few missions tucked away in there too.

I do wonder how many people will complete the Spirit of St louis memorial flight or trans continental race!!

Does anyone know why I started the game and later it showed You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator.Please update the application and try again?

The Volocopter is not allowed to depart from heliports.

Surely it should be able to do so?

1 Like

Absolutely agree on this one for sure! Every time I want to use that ■■■■ drone camera is tilted off axis and I need to reset it. It’s crazy they haven’t fixed this yet. Not to mention this was yet another regression from a previous update. It worked fine at launch until they broke it.

1 Like

I got really excited by this highlighted text.

Did we finally have the opportunity to just download the very basic changes? Could I really choose at this point which content I wanted to download? Or later download them from the marketplace?

Unfortunately not for this update.

Being required to download EVERYTHING, and then having to go into our content manager and remove, for example, the liveries we don’t want is extremely frustrating.

Surely this would have these benefits for everyone:

• Reduced download times
  • Reduced server load
  • Reduced hard disk space requirements
  • Ability to exclude segments that you don’t want to explore (eg: training)
  • Ability to exclude liveries, or sceneries, or aircraft that you already know you won’t be interested in.

What are your thoughts on this?

4 Likes

For sure, mine was a light-hearted reply in good fun :slight_smile:

I like the turbulent gusty effects sometimes when Im flying the A320, the wings look great in that being bounced about!

Im from the UK and did all my real world flying in California in the late 90s and lived there for 4 years. It was a great time. MSFS lets me visit the Bay Area again in amazing realism, really a fantastic creation from MiSobo.

Happy flying! (real and MSFS!)

Anyone tried this with their Samsung SSDs using Samsung Magician? The default is “Standard Mode” but i just applied “Full Performance Mode” on the SSD where i linked my community folder to and boy does everything loads instafast when i click “Fly Now”. The scenery loads instantly after clicking “fly now” as opposed to a very slight delay previously and everything feels snappier.

Still monitoring this mode and not sure i’ll keep that SSD on it.

The only negative about this mode is the use of overprovisioning, which basically uses 10% of the SSD’s space.

Less “forcibly included” would be for me absolutely but I fear it would cause many errors for the less adept.

It would need to be an opt in preference and make it sound as uncool as possible.

To that Asobo also needs to be better with Marketplace free content as it is, I had trouble finding the 4k textures. I understand why they want to put the free carrot at the back of the market but putting the aircraft in the “free section” and sprinkling the 4k textures among the “aircraft” isn’t helpful.

Your suggestion would be the normal standard for such a complex sim. The hope that more people would be aware of and indulge in more complex ways of playing in the present state is rather vain, in my view. What might happen with the current situation is that more people are discouraged from getting into the sim at all, having to wait 24 or more hours in many cases for anything to be playable.

Xbox user

Unbelievable update thank you Asobo.

Probs ive encountered are…

Atc completely broken using A310
Ground textures not rendering until 1nm away.
Darkstar still looks like an airbus in multiplayer.
I had one CTD on approach to charles de gaulle in A310.

Apart from these im happy with it. Love the content. Great work. Just a few patches can solve this and make it amazing.

Did they mess with the VSYNC swap interval again on su11? I seem to be able to produce some tearing with GSYNC on at the top of the screen in Su11. Even with everything set correct at 1080p 60 FPS tearing forbidden I can generate some vertical tearing. Shows up at the very top of the screen. Nvidia low latency mode is OFF and I am using Nano VG experimental in dev mode.

@Rex4623 Firstly a warm welcome to the MSFS forums.
I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.
As this is not the thread to discuss this particular issue with MSFS not starting, can I suggest you visit the dedicated thread where others have experienced or are also experiencing this issue, to see if you can get some assistance there:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fixed-on-live-1-19-8-0-you-are-missing-packages-that-are-essential-to-run-microsoft-flight-simulator-please-update-the-application-and-try-again/427269/

I suggest you post in that thread if you need more help/ advice, after reading through the thread.
I hope you get it sorted soon.

1 Like