[Polls] Sim Update 12 (1.31.22.0) Discussion

I would like to pay attention to the fact that after SU12 on XBOX Series X the FPS is low and there are many stuttering during ground operation.

Never happens before

^^^ This

Even if the Aircraft / Airport come from Asobo, I still buy the third party once it becomes available as they are just all around better in terms of visuals, accuracy and performance. This might be an unpopular opinion, but Iā€™d go as far to say this holds true for the ā€œpartnershipā€ stuff that has been released as well, compared to had it been released on itā€™s own.

Of course weā€™ll never know, just my own personal / gut feeling.

Iā€™d love to see a model where all of this is left to third party and Asobo focus on the platform itself.

I get that isnā€™t reality, they need a revenue stream, but it would be nice (best of both worlds).

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised they havenā€™t rolled out the AIRAC update as of yet seeing as the latest was released yesterday.

Well worth the Navigraph Subscription :wink:

2 Likes

After SU12 on my Xbox Series X the Rolling Cache and Data usage limit options are not available under general options. The workaround of trying to shrink the game in the Xbox system storage menu suggested in some older topics here on the forum does not work, MSFS is not in the list of shrinkable games. I have around 200GB free storage space on my Xbox. Is this intentional? Does anyone experience the same? I also have huge stutters and very low fps after a 1 hour flight. Not sure if the rolling cache would help these or notā€¦ I already tried deleting the reserved space and reinstalling my payware content after that, did not helpā€¦

I do - I thought the G3000 uses the built-in Navdata but then realised it doesnā€™t if you have Navigraph installed.

1 Like

Hello,

my Update was ok, no problems. Did test flight on TBM and all perfect - what a suprice! It looks to me that landing lights are improved, hope this isnā€™t some previous work but really enjoy to improvements to this TBM, also have noticed ground control very good at this state (also what curve Iā€™ve set to my pedals now). Weather looks to me also improved and very enjoy to it. Performance to me +/- same as in previous versions.

This bug has plagued a number of different Xbox users. The only fix Iā€™ve seen posted is someone ā€” over several months ā€” every so often deleting and reinstalling the sim. Most of his attempts didnā€™t solve it, then of a sudden, it did.

Iā€™m not suggesting that you extend this out of several months, but maybe trying to reinstall (donā€™t get into reinstalling any Marketplace content, just the base game) several times and see where that gets you.

2 Likes

The ā€œproblemā€ with Navigraph and official Content (like the G3000) is NavBlue ( Home page - NAVBLUE).
MS / Asobo have a contract with them to provide navdata. In retrospect, this was clearly a case of ā€œbetting on the wrong horseā€. And because of this they are not allowed to share Navigraph data in any of their official modules / addons / dlc.

1 Like

Itā€™s even better still appears the sim is locked to 500gb to install DLC too on the main drive only (even if you have the main sim on an expansion card)

:pleading_face:

1 Like

Unfortunatelly it works only in presets weather, not in live weather!

We are many to report it!
Also still there is no turbulence in clouds, no turbulence in CB/TSā€¦ despite that Asobo says that they did unlock up/downdraft winds then we should have severe vertical winds in TS which could go even to 8000ft/min and same for the CB, this is one of the raison why we must avoid those clouds. But it is still not the case in SU12!!! :sleepy:
In SU12 Itā€™s way too friendly in unsafe weather conditions therefore checking the option ā€œrealisitc modeā€ could be considered as a ā€œCosmetic modeā€.
It also means that in ā€œrealistic modeā€ we still not have the major features needed to make realisitc bad and severe weather conditions. (Live Weather)

Is that a bug or a lack of features?
It was said in the video that ā€œwe shouldnā€™t fly with a C172ā€ in that kind of weather, thatā€™s right in the video but in weather presets, what about the Live Weather?

Otherwise ground/relief turbulence and some mechanical ones are very well done.

I (we) really need to get ā€œdangers in the skiesā€ in order to stop flying a Cub in Thunderstorm! Please it will be a game changer, for those who dig for realism that would impose to care about the weather before getting on the tarmac, to pay attention to our flight plans vfr/ifr because there is no single one pilot who would like to fly a C152 or a B747 right into TS/TCU for the sake of safety and here for the sake of realism!

Hopefully Asobo will take a look to these threads!
Keep up the good work!
Thank you :wink:
Realistic Dangerous Weather - Physics Simulation - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Turn On Turbulence - Sim Update 12 Beta / Weather & Live Weather - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Thermals, Up & Downdrafts - More Realism Updates - Bug Reports & Wishlist / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Sim is locked to 500gb space for dlc on Xbox

As for rolling cash had the same issue after SU8/9 had to full reinstall.

2 Likes

This has to be solvable. Iā€™m flying right now on my Series X.

2 Likes

Iā€™m flying right now on a Series X!

Smoother than I have in a long time, the live weather is great and the WASM support works great on the new planes like the AN225 or 310R from Blackbird without any errors or big frame drops. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Btw - your download latency of 551ms (over a half a second) as per your screen grab is most likely the culprit. My download latency from Ookla is ~7ms (I know probably a different Ookla server but highlights a significant difference).

2 Likes

The Sim on Series X is at its absolute best, since the launch. Iā€™m talking about performance and stability. Also graphical wise itā€™s very, very good. Nothing to complain? OffcoursešŸ˜‰. ATC is still a messā€¦

But, thank you again Asobo/Microsoft. With all the goodness WASM will bring to the platform itā€™s a good time to be a Simmer on Xbox.

8 Likes

Xbox series x user

I know that for some users the game works just fine, but i also know that there are a huge amount of users who cant play the game as it is intended to be played

Its like gambling, 50/50 that it works fine, and this is unacceptable for a huge title like MSFS from a big company. I dont recommend wasting any money or time for a game that is not working most of the time (not to mention all the other different and long-known immersion-breaking bugs this sim has and are still not fixed).

I gave up on MSFS months ago (sadly, because i love flying). With the new SU12 i gave it another try and again: CTD
For the last couple months its been even more worse than ever, i cant even do a take-off with the boeing or airbus because of constant CTDs or other gamebreaking bugs at my cockpit preparations or while taxiing.

Guess I have to wait for months again for SU13 but no hope is leftā€¦

1 Like

If using FSUIPC, download and install the latest version that came out very recently. Clear out your DirectX and Nvidia driver cacheā€™s. Updating FSUIPC is the first thing I would try!

Windows Disk Cleaner will take care of the DirectX cache.

http://www.fsuipc.com

Released: March 23/2023

Charles.

No one here is suggesting that anyone is dumb.

Having been here since the beginning on Xbox, I can tell you that the only consistently this sim has is its inconsistency.

It is beyond baffling how we all have the same Xbox hardware and such vastly different experiences.

I have to believe that some part of our issues is related to the way the sim requires streamed data to perform the way it does. Given how many issues people have with connections to the various data-centers that serve the simā€™s content, there has to be some aspect of those issues affecting performance.

The other, of course, is what add-ons youā€™re using and with what aircraft. Even then, that isnā€™t consistent, either.

6 Likes

On what airport('s) your fps are dropping? My personal experience is that the bespoke version of EGLL is notorious. At least it was while in Beta, I havenā€™t been there since the release of SU12.

1 Like