[Polls] World Update XII: New Zealand Discussion

Can someone please tell me what on earth has happened to my home town of Rotorua???

Absolutely gutted that this area in the below photograph once with spectacular scenery apart from the area around the airport has gone significantly

backwards to the “offline” scenery??

gracias. that partially fills in my knowledge gaps. just wish they would tell us which areas are 1m and which are 10m. would like to go check out the super high-res areas

before

after

Which sim version are you on? If on SU12 Beta there seems to be an issue with water masks:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/statue-of-liberty-standing-in-water

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/water-exclusion-polys-are-broken-in-1-31-18-0

I was expecting Milford sound to be more detailed.
The mountains for example are still meh, not quite as crisp as I was hoping for.

1 Like

The problem seems to be on your side (cache, settings, internet connection). There is enough info here on how to fix this.

1 Like

I’m just on the normal one.

I didn’t do this. I’ll try. If it works, I’ll post here. ;D

Basically that area under your landing gear was all textured and had some amazing hot pools, now as you can see “default” textures and that area also known as sulphur point, “default” textures, is used to have a water mask with Rotorua in it from when there was a man made wetland that spelt out the towns name just in front of your right wing.

Those last three picture’s really says it all… clear beautiful water masking pre update… post update… We seem to head back to the dreaded 2020 no water maskings in the ones with the F14

2 Likes

I can’t get MSFS running. Crashes on the load screen at 50%.
What is the fix?
Thank you.

my initial thoughts are quite positive but Ill have to check out more PG areas and other things. It downloaded and installed without a problem and runs very well. I had two great little flights - first from Auckland in the rain north to NZWR I think it wsa where it was clearish. Then I went to Nelso which looks fantastic and flew to Wellington where I have flightbeams addon and I did see the flattened surrounding PG as mentioned above. Some addons must just affect PG that way maybe? Id love to get NZA Sims Nelson but there is no way I want to lose the new PG.

Apololgies if this is the wrong place for this, but just conducting my first flight after the update and I’m having a lot of problems with ATC erroneously telling me I’m 300 ft about assigned altitude. Altimeter settings are correct.

Pre-update, when this happened, I would just climb or descend as instructed and keep an altitude that was “wrong” but at least seemed to satisfy ATC. Now, when I’m told to descend 300ft from my (correct) altitude and I do this - I’m suddenly told to climb 300ft!

(but if I climb back up, I’m told I’m 300 ft above, etc and so on).

This could be totally unconnected with the update of course, just thought it was noteworthy since I haven’t had this problem in quite this way before the update.

Where has all of the fantastic water masking gone since this supposed NZ WU???

Left quite gutted that what makes NZ spectacular and special has now been removed…

Can Asobo please rectify this asap!!!

1 Like

some before and after pics.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wow nice update Asobo!! Best world update yet. I’ve been lucky to visit NZ a couple of times and my fav places were Akaroa, Queenstown, Tauranga and Hobbiton. You nailed it. But what happened to White Island? Watched that volcano documentary and I was looking forward to flying there but only half the island is done, and not very well at that. Well I guess we can’t expect everything.

2 Likes

The Update XII New Zealand is suffering from the same melting bugs that the update to Canada has. Towers and buildings are as pictured here.

Yes, I saw the mention of the Wellington problem and tried the CGL delete but it had no effect at NZQN.

I don’t think this is a “bug” per se. It’s just a common result of photogrammetry, which is not meant to be viewed up close. Often, our choices are either autogen scenery or photogrammetry that has limitations when viewed up close. We don’t have the ability to produce perfectly lifelike recreations at scale of entire countries yet.

5 Likes