POV Hat Switch Quick Views on DHC-2 Beaver are incorrect

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The quick views left and right with my yoke’s pov hat switch aren’t right. The left button gives me the landing view and the right button gives me the rear view (of the cargo/passangers) instead of the right and left windows.

If I edit the camera.cfg and eliminate camera definitions 6 and 7, I get the right views, but the view doesn’t “snap back” when I release the button like it does in other planes.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Quick View Right

Quick View Left

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

CH Yoke

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes. The quickviews are terrible and need to be fixed. The standard has been left looks left and right looks right.

The instrument quickviews don’t flow either.

2 Likes

Do not post Off Topic. Search for similar bug reports for the Bell, or if none, raise your own.

2 Likes

Instead of engaging the user, flag Non-compliant posts or DM @moderators and advise of the post. Thanks.

Yes, please fix the right / left quick view but also the default IFR view: I feel that it should show what is down first (like for all other aircraft), not go up first

3 Likes

Seeing the same issue with my Honeycomb Alpha.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The definitions in the cameras.cfg file for the QuickViews are misaligned. They can be fixed for PC users by editing the file and changing the “SubCategoryItem” value in each “CAMERADEFINITION.x” sections as follows:

.4 = QuickView4
.5 = QuickView3
.6 = QuickView2
.7 = QuickView6
.8 = QuickView7
.9 = QuickView1
.10 = QuickView5
.11 = QuickView8

The changes need to be made in both the Wheels and Floats aircraft folders.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

I’ll be creating mods for the 40th anniversary aircraft next week to resolve this issue. Can’t do it earlier. Sorry.

Unfortunately many 3rd party aircraft have been having that problem. All Carenado planes have horrible QuickViews too. Only the Asobo planes are consistent.
So far I haven"t seen a single plane that got its QuickViews fixed by the dev. So I hold out little hope it will be different this time.

Now that the QuickViews are sorted I’m enjoying the Beaver very much. Beautiful rendition Blackbird/Milviz.

Me too. I have this problem with the Beaver with my hatstick. This is my hatstick setting for the Thrustmaster 16000m and it works for me for all the other planes except for the Beaver:

This hatstick setting works for every other plane in MSFS. I just flew the iniBuilds A310, the Cessna 172 floatplane, and the Cessna 152. This hatstick setting works for all those planes I flew, except for the Beaver.

Seems like this is a bug for the Beaver.

2 Likes

Those bindings look correct to me. The problem is the QuickView assignments in the individual definitions within the cameras.cfg file. The view angles, etc, themselves are correct but just associated with the wrong in game QuickView1 through QuickView8. The list I posted above shows which QuickView# should go in each definition.

If you’re on a PC and comfortable with backing up the original cameras.cfg inside the aircraft’s folder then editing the file it can be fixed.

I took a look at the camera file when it first came out and noticed some things looke weird, but didn’t have the time to figure out what changes needed to be made. Thanks for figuring it out and posting the fix.

There is also a nice mod for the Beaver that fixes the quick view settings as well as adds some features.

2 Likes

Hi, I just downloaded the latest version of the beaver action pack and it does not fix the left & right quickview for me :frowning:

But this one did :slight_smile:

But wait, this one also but even better (for me!) since it also fix the default instrument view :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Improper quickviews are not limited to just the Beaver. There are many aircraft that the quickviews are just a total mess.
A bug has been logged.

2 Likes

I will try the mod linked above but as of March 2023 the camera views for this aircraft are still not corrected. A shame too b/c this aircraft is fun in 1st person until you need to look off to the side.

1 Like

It will never get fixed because its only an xbox problem. Pc users have patches.

I’m extremely disappointed to report the Quickviews mapped to an 8 way hat switch are NOT fixed properly with SU12 (1.31.22.0).

The community provided the edits needed to fix the views after the 40th Anniversary release so it’s rather stunning that these were not corrected / tested / confirmed during the SU12 beta for proper functioning.

As a PC user I can fix this again myself but as a former Xbox user this is a real shame for those still on the console.

3 Likes

That’s the most frustrating part. Someone already fixed it. Its a 2 second fix. Why can’t someone make the change??? Its like a top 10 plane on almost everyone’s lists and its absolutely terrible on xbox.

I’m still getting this issue with the Beaver on Xbox. Are they ever going to fix this?

1 Like

Every time a new update comes out I quickly go to see the aircraft mods. I see stuff like “Fixed landing gear graphics on model……”. And I think really??? Landing gear graphics???

1 Like