Progress! Super nice Update! The weather: snow & ice!

Just flew around Bryce Canyon area, patches of snow and ice on the ground, mountaintops with snow, and ice on the engine cowlings… fantastic!

Thanks ASOBO… keep going! Multi Monitor support PLEASE!! This scenery is too good to see on one monitor…

2 Likes

Well I took off from KDEN after the latest patch. Using the A320 stock version. Turned over the rockies and climbed out. No snow. It looked like Summer. Real weather was on and I had the correct date and time in the game. So snow is not working in all areas.

2 Likes

Weird… the first thing I did was go to Siberia (!) to the main airport and take off… I had rain on the windshield and patches of snow on the ground… Check your graphics settings… max them out for test to see if it works (with real weather enabled of course)

Hope it works…

I just did a flight from KFAT to KABQ in the CJ4. Plenty of snow on the Sierras.

Thanks for that. I might try the Sierras tomorrow. Still nothing on the Rockies today.

You will have snow only, if the weather engine creates precipitation/snowfall based on received data either from Meteoblue (default) or any other add on app. Therefor I have also REX, which does an excellent job in this regard.

Our sim community unfortunately is so demanding and many times is not reflecting. Asobo you did **it blah and all what i can see is, Microsoft and Asobo is excatly doing what the community wants, VR is just an example of many. And yet, for any mistake they do (mind you a project with this size is very hard to keep track of as Software engineer), they start accuse Asobo like they know how to pull a project with this size. Keep the good work Microsoft and Asobo!

3 Likes

Yes, Multi Monitor Please!!!

I have seen the Meteoblue snow coverage map. It shows quite a bit of snow over the Rockies. Yet in the game there is no snow on the mountains. Everything is green and the mountains look like it’s Summer. Good job on using Rex instead.

1 Like

Yes, it appears accumulated snow works great in Europe and Asia. Unfortunately it seems very broken in North America. I’m sure we’ll see a fix after the holidays. xxxx happens. Note it, report it, move on.

Cool, enjoy blocking me

Thank you for the snow in Minnesota and all your progress. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hallo, Echo Papa Oscar Kilo hier. Du hast absolut RECHT! I totally agree with you :heart_eyes:

This seems a really minor issue to me, there are far greater issues (some indeed really easy to fix) which still haven’t receive any attention. Try to use the weight sliders with units on metric or hybrid and you’ll know what I mean. A simple lbs to kgs conversion seems to be too difficult for Asobo. For people serious about flight simulation, I made list here:

2 Likes

Totally a minor issue, landmarks not spawning properly. Defeats purpose of entire sim.

Depends on what you use the sim for, if you use it as a game to fly steep turns around landmarks then yes it does defeat the purpose. When simulating flight realistically, maintaining proper altitude and distance from obstacles (landmarks) then not so important. When flying IFR, completely unimportant. Not saying it shouldn’t be fixed. But with the fundamentals still flawed not a priority imo.

I install this game again after 6 months and live weather still breaks after doing 1 flight. Is this a joke? This is the most basic of bugs… guess I’ll give it another 6.

Glad the new Snow/Ice is working for you, the entire state of Oregon, and what I’ve seen of California is still stuck in perpetual Summer:

This is Mount Shasta for reference. That whole thing should be covered in feet of snow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.