PSA: Reverb G2 small sweet spots, observations and solutions

That’s the reason why I will let them re-measure my IPD. I had the 63mm measurement on my prescription since I was 10 or so. But PD can change up until your mid 20s from what I’ve read and all my self-measurements come out at 65mm (no matter the method, either manual or various apps) and I also see clearer at the 65mm IPD setting in the CV1.

The other thing is why I think there’s a bug in WMR/OpenVR somewhere:

I also have a Quest 2 and I can see the following in realtime (I can also see the same on my Pimax 8kx, but their IPD numbers are totally off/a lie so I’m focusing on the Q2):
Setting 1, 58mm) world blows up big, everything feels too big
Setting 2, 63mm) just about right, maybe a little too small
Setting 3, 68mm) everything feels like a toy

Doing the same on the Reverb G2:
Min, 62mm) I can see the view slightly shift if I close one eye, everything too small
Mid, 64mm) still everything too small, can’t see a difference in perceived scale, onlz see a slight change when I close one eye
Max, 68mm) doublevision and eyestrain but still everything too small

Going directly from 60mm to 68mm I almost see no effect of perceived scale (in matter of fact I don’t see any. I only know that there is a change because I can see the virtual camera shift ever so slightly when closing kne eye). The only difference is the amount of discomfort.

So there’s either
a) a bug in the render pipeline where the camera positions are off
b) it has something to do with the focal distance of the Reverb G2 being noticably different than every other HMD I own, which also is kind of what this thread speculates about
c) my (real life) optics are broken