PSA: Reverb G2 small sweet spots, observations and solutions

About IPD and perceived scale, I’ve posted extensive details in this wish list post, please vote!

[FEATURE REQUEST] Cockpit Size and World Scale in VR

@BernhardBerger Here is how you can see the G2 hardware IPD is working (excerpt from the link above):

Here is an easy test to see this in action with WMR Headsets (at least with the Reverb G1 and the G2):

• In the Mixed Reality House, go in front of the Halo helmet, up close (really close).
  • Open the WMR settings popup window in VR where you can adjust IPD in software.
  • Grab the slider with the VR controller and while depressing the trigger look toward the helmet.
  • Move the controller to the left fully and wait 1 sec or so, then move to the right fully and wait 1 sec or so.

In doing this you should perceive the helmet is changing size in front of your eyes (for me with an IPD close to 64, there seems to be about 3 distinctive sizes corresponding to slider left, center and right positions).

I see the same as you too in FS2020 when adjusting the IPD slider except I perceive a small change nonetheless, but not as dramatic as it is expected or as effective as with the Index for example. It might just be a WMR OpenXR driver bug (not a WMR bug). There is for example another IPD related bug with WMR for SteamVR where they are rounding the IPD value to the first decimal only… They are aware of this one though.

1 Like