[Q&A 29 Sept] Some Key points

They mentioned that Meteoblue (not Asobo) is going to incorporate the METAR data into their own dataset to allow for smoother and more realistic weather transiition from airport vicinity METAR to general Meteoblue based weather in the sim. Asobo does not own Meteoblue, they are working together.

2 Likes

Excellent Q&A, as always, they accept critizism and listen to feedback, really happy with the new announcements, specially with higher LOD and the replay system.

14 Likes

I assumed the CTDs were because of faulty mods. Or people that edited individual files. Or people that don’t have sufficient system specs.

1 Like

What do they mean by pushing pc after xbox things. What are they intensions regarding xbox. I hope not that xbox being one step behind pc.
I am a xbox user.
They said all updates are for both !!!

1 Like

best you watch the stream to avoid any miss interpretations but their view has not changed, both XBOX and PC are equily important, there is no second-class citizen here. There are some limitations on 3rd party add ons for XBOX, but that’s a feature of having a walled garden environment that will be difficult to get around completely.

My understanding is its about allowing PC users to make the most of the additional hardware we have access to, so more sliders more options etc to push our hardware, not that XBOX will be left behind or anything, but as an XBOX user, you have the graphics hardware that came with it, nothing you can do about it, but when new GPUs come out for the PC, we can start to push things higher.

5 Likes

Yep thanks for specifying that

When did they say that? That’s very good news

but traffic live is bug ! no take off and no fixe
04bb498c66f26578ef2dca8f71face8962e01883_2_690x388
fdb93dfb353fa2d640736bdca5fc04e25b437465_2_517x291

1 Like

Ok - thx.
I know the limitations of xbox. So yes its absolutely ok that they push more setting sliders on pc.
Xbox has its limitations but should be equally supported in Sim and World Updates.

Yesterday in the Developer Q&A Stream in the segment where WT presented on what they are currently working and on what they will work in the future.

2 Likes

Yes the live traffic is very bad supported atm.
No dense traffic, very bad movements on ground/air and no real liveries.

5 Likes

Nice one thanks

For me, yes, my msfs without any mod is very stable, if i put some scenery mods (i don’t tweak any sim file), ctd occurs sometimes. As mods are done with sim sdk (and in-sim editor) and there compilation are accepted by the sdk, the faulty is the product.

1 Like

Some of them will be yes. But not all. And most the factors you list are not even possible on Xbox and Xbox users are also experiencing CTD’s

As I mentioned in my post I may be misinterpreting the statement but the phrasing seemed to indicate that they were aware of factors that cause crashes and which can be fixed but it needs to be fixed by somebody else.

This could refer to some external data (weather/live traffic) which they are buying or simply server infrastructure (Microsoft)?

I don’t think so as Sebastian was talking about LOD 13 and 14 and how they solved tree and city pop up by moving trees and photogrammetry to LOD 14 from 13 which all but eliminates pop up. They had been 14 previously when MSFS released but earlier in the year dropped back to 13 which is why we were getting more pop up and draw distance reduced. I’m not sure what he meant by LOD 13 and 14 but it seems seperate from the 200 and 400 that we can select, which suggests that we will have scenery objects much further into the distance soon.

1 Like

sorry this may be a silly question but what advantages if any will DX12 bring?

Raytracing!

4 Likes

not even sure what that is! hahaha

should it bring performance gains?

Real time reflections, more accurate lighting and shadows.

3 Likes

Thanks for that! thankfully if needed we can stay with DX11.