Quality of Life feature wishlist for VR

Hi there,

now after having a blast in VR for 32 hours of flighttime some ideas come to my mind. To bring a bit more convenience into the VR part of the sim, Asobo should look at DCS and what options they are offering for cockpit interaction. The fixed HMD mouse cursor in combination with the availability to bind mouse button functionality to HOTAS for instance is one of the best features and i’m using this for years already. To interact with the cockpit, game menu - the game in general - i just look at the button or knob and simply press a dedicated button (mouse left/right) on my HOTAS or turn an encoder wheel (for mouse wheel). I never need to let go of my flightstick or throttle to fiddle with the mouse. I compiled my suggestions in this list:

1. HMD centered mouse cursor (or cross, maybe with an additional transparency setting) with a keybinding to enable/disable
  2. mouse buttons and mouse wheel bindings to HOTAS buttons and encoders
  3. furthermore, key bindings for enabling/disabling labels during flight would be nice (other players, POI’s, cities… etc.)
  4. a button binding for a spyglass zoom (like in DCS)
4 Likes

Bump… to keep it alive a bit longer.

A Head Pointer would be a very welcomed addition.

I think you all should check my feature request: Webcam Preview support in VR

Being able to take notes / view my tablet would be beyond helpful I think.

1 Like

Having a configurable window to bring third party apps into VR that can be interacted with and not have to fiddle with changing focus.

Thats why it would be nice if it was a in game option.

I would also enjoy being able to put a discord feed in
so when I’m flying with a friend a could see his face.

I agree. In game option. As it stands, I can bring a window into VR… I can see it clearly but if I interact with it, the focus leaves MSFS and it’s a juggle around to get it back.

Unfortunately with “Voting” being the only way Asobo seem to take notice (see last nights Q&A), please vote for the Head Pointer in the following link if you want it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.