Random CTD: Behaviour - Fine during daytime, crashing at night time

Guys I’m at a complete loss. My sim works flawlessly with LukeAirTool, VATSIM, FSUIPC, charts and alii as long as it is daytime within the sim. If it is night time it just freezes and crashes. Anyone have any idea why that behaviour?

I mean, it’s not an hardware issue or anything as it runs flawlessly as long as it’s daytime in the sim.

Any sensible thoughts appreciated before I start a zendesk (although there is no event viewer event as it freezes with no message).

Before we have to go through all the basics: yes, this was tested with no addons in the community folder, the behaviour is the same. Yes, every driver is up to date. Yes the BIOS is up to date, yes every runtime redist and its mother has been updated. Yes I removed NVIDIA bloatware. Yes, I run my system lean. Yes, there are no OC settings on my system. Yes and three times yes.

Thanks.

I have this issue and only noticed it since 2 days ago. Tried taking off from Geneva that night after fully configuring the flight on FBW and as soon as I pull back on V Rotate the game crashed. Tried again last night at Gatwick and did the same on takeoff. Only ever happens at night and when I pull the joystick back. This needs to be looked into.

1 Like

Mine has no specific input associated with it as i’ve had crashes sat on the stand, taxiing, on the runway, climbing, cruising. It’s random (at night in the sim) and with no associated input in my case. And I agree that it needs looking into, but I fear it may only be a few of us experiencing this issue.

1 Like

Personally I fixed mostly all my crashes by fully removing Flight Sim from Steam and all the files e.g roaming files and main game files etc, reinstalled it overnight updated everything in content manager restarted PC and then started reinstalling my community files one by one to find the source of the crash. I also did a full PC cleanup too just to be sure it’s not due to clutter and memory leaks etc. Since I did this I haven’t had any issues other than this new thing I’m experiencing. Hope this helps bud.

Yeah, did the same too which is why I am a bit lost as to why this is happening. There is no easy explanation I guess and I could always run it at daytime in the sim, although it kind of makes it boring always flying during the day…

Yes flying at night makes it 10x better sometimes. I’ve always used Live presets too so that’d be a bummer lol. But yeah as long as you’ve done what I said like you said you have you shouldn’t have any issues, is it a certain aircraft that triggers it or add on scenery you think? Try have a look around in your main game directory for folders out of place and inside your community packages folder. If not I don’t know.

I’d just like to add that since you mentioned it I have now noticed that it’s usually when I’m inputting something either with my joystick or rudder pedals, so defo something to do with the way it deals with inputs (yet again).

I have few weeks old RTX 3070 GamingPro, brand new, paid for it $1000 here in Tbilisi, PC shop.

This week I installed Flight Sim 2020, from Steam, the game crashed while was at loading session, later I opened the game and I waned download some maps,

while maps downloading, I placed the game alt-tab background and after short while I noticed game crashed, I went to windows events viewer and found:

1. Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

1. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x50c7b0=0xd 0x50c7b4=0x0 0x50c7a8=0xf812b60 0x50c7ac=0x1104 The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

1. The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 Graphics SM Warp Exception on (GPC 1, TPC 0, SM 1): Out Of Range Register The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

Latest official none beta Nvidia drivers, after DDU.

P.S. GPU crashed, black display appeared and PC self rebooted also while not in games, when I tried the latest beta driver 510.06 from Nvidia. But with none BETA driver, latest nvidia stable drivers, the crashes occur inside the game.

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5800x

16GB RAM 3200

ASUS X470F

PSU 750W Antec Bronze

Windows 11

Yes,
I can confirm from my own testing, that since Update 6 (even with patch) I have allmost everytime a crash to desktop (CTD) when I set time to dawn or night.
For example:
Pick an aircraft and start a flight on daytime from Hamburg. When the loading has finished and you are lined up for takeoff, change the simulation time to dawn or night. Soon after the following action in the cockpit I got a crash to desktop.