Ranking my added paid for planes

I experienced the same issue before I overcame it with practice and by changing technique. I find that if I’m ever at full rudder, it’s too late, and I’ll need to abort takeoff and try again. It’s extremely delicate, for sure. I can have one of those aborted takeoffs, taxi back and have a clean takeoff on the very next attempt (same wind/weather/settings). The common thread for me is when I don’t do it right, it’s an issue of not having the yoke back far enough, or not hitting small rudder inputs early enough.

Yes.
P-40 used to be 1
Spitfire used to be 2
JU-52 moving up the list
Carenado!

-Jedi (R)

1 Like

Does anyone have both the Corsair and Spitfire?

If so which do you like more and why?

I like both of them, just haven’t had enough seat time in the Corsair. It’d be hard to find a flaw in either plane. Both have a great flight model, both have engine failures, etc. In the Spitfire, you can swap out the gun sight for a GTN430 gps unit, which is really convenient. Milviz has made the decision not to add modern avionics to an old warbird, and I certainly respect that decision, but that distinction between the two planes might be a deciding factor for a customer depending on how you want to fly it. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be without either plane. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have both if you mean the Flyingirons Spitfire. I don’t have the new one yet. I’d say I like them both but I’d personally go with the Spit first as it’s simply one of the most beautiful aircraft ever designed. The Corsair was initially a beast to get off the ground but they improved the characteristics in an update…either that or I got better at it!
If you like Warbirds then neither will disappoint you. Toss a coin :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, at Marketplace… some ratings seem to be based on price.

If you put the sweep control cover down (closed), the sweep SHOULD be automatic based on aircraft altitude and indicated airspeed. Are you saying it doesn’t work that way for you on XBox? If that’s not working, have you reported it to @DEAN01973 and the DC team?

1 Like

I tried both ways and no auto movement. I will try some more as it could be user error.

@LameLefty I saw you try to assist me in the recent past. I just want to say it’s REALLY awesome people like you are on these forums to offer free help for fellow flight simmers just like you’re doing here again.
Do one thing for me please. Don’t change. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Just Flight PA28 Arrow and Turbo Arrow. They are by far the best GA planes IMHO
  2. Flying Iron P-38. It’s a unique kind of plane and so beautifully made. Also it’s nice to fly and has a good range (esp. opposed to the equally brilliant BigRadials P-40 and Flying Iron Spitfire Mk.IXc)
  3. Big Radials Nieuport 17. It’s simplicity is its charme but it also has a very nasty habit of punishing you if you do something stupid.
  4. BBS BN-2 Islander. My go-to STOL island hopper until the Twotter get’s released.
  5. Carenado M20R Mooney. Always had a soft spot for the Mooney ever since it came standard wirh FS2000 IIRC.
1 Like

I have a bunch of planes, so I’m not going to rank them all. I’ll stick to my top 5, as that seems to be the trend…

1. PMDG DC-6 – Simply fantastic. Sometimes I just fire it up to… fire it up, because I love running the start procedures. (And you can actually hear each engine start, and tell which one it is - great work with the sounds on this.) But yes – there is a learning curve, and it needs a more nuanced touch on the stick if you don’t want to stall and wing over into the ground 30 seconds after takeoff…)

2. DC Designs PT-17 Stearman – It’s a very simple, non-fancy plane, but it’s an absolute delight to fly. Trims SO easily, can handle aerobatics, and now has a smoke generator so that you can actually see the loops you’re pulling. I just wish it had even a rudimentary autopilot – even just a wing leveler would be enough.

3. JustFlight PA-28-161 Warrior II – The last-released of the (so far) three JF Cherokees is my favorite of the bunch. (All of them are worth the premium price, though - very detailed and realistic.) It’s a very forgiving plane; perfect for when you just want to point a plane in a direction and go. Not as twitchy as the Arrows – there’s a reason it’s a common trainer.

4. BlackBox BN2 Islander – A dirty beat-up jeep of an aircraft. Can go almost anywhere you want to fly. BB has improved it greatly since launch; it’s a great value now.

5. Carenado Mooney M20R – I know it’s got issues. But it’s a Mooney, it’s fast as heck, and it looks great (because Carenado).

6 ) (Okay maybe I lied about keeping it at 5…) FlyingIron P-38 Lightning – Full disclosure: I’ve loved loved loved the P-38 since I was about 5. So I may be slightly biased. But it’s a great product, and is a nice change of pace from more traditional GA aircraft.

Honorable mentions:

• FlyingIron F-14 and F-15 (beautiful jets, but frustrating that you can’t shoot at anything)
  • AT Simulations Piaggio P149 – Wonderful plane, but has little nagging flaws that have yet to be fixed.
  • Lionheart Socata TB21 Trinidad – Great touring plane… but either you love the interior or you hate it. It’s the Ford Probe of GA. Flight model and texturing have come a long way in the past months, too.
  • A1R Ryan ST-A Special – Throwback plane is well executed and enjoyable to fly.
  • MilViz Pilatus PA-6 Porter – It’s a Porter. It flies like a Porter. You can drop boxes on people (sort of).
  • Carenado Cessna 182T – It’s a hot rod 172. Call me crazy, but I like getting there faster…
1 Like

Should I purchase the Spitfire from the Marketplace or should I get it from another developer?

Sometimes there are benefits I’ve learned the hard way.

When it’s possible i prefer to purchase planes directly from the developers website, more money for them and you get updates more rapidly, this and the fact that you dont have to wait 2/3 week for the plane to show on the marketplace.

Is there a Spitfire version where they have a gun feature like one of the Corsair developers?

The FlyingIron Spitfire lets you toggle on the cannons, but only for the non-Marketplace version, and the cannons don’t actually do anything.

1 Like

I was thinking that MSoft would be more rigorous in QA if a third-party was to put their planes on the marketplace. And the third-party would have to commit to getting upgrades and bugs working within a reasonable time. And I realize that the third-party vendors would give MSoft a cut of the action.
But - this is all conjecture - if somebody knows of the advantages/disadvantages of the location of the planes being offered I would welcome their comments as I wonder if I should only buy the marketplace planes as the transaction and follow-up is more secure.

1. PMDG DC-6

2. JU 52

3. CRJ All flavours (Aerosoft)

4. DC Designs PT-17 Stearman

I tend to read Jeremy’s reviews first (though I know he purchases nearly all planes and writes comprehensive reviews) I then apply certain criterea I have to the plane and most don’t get through so the 4 above did. But who cares.

1 Like

What criteria did the Corsair and Spitfire lack to not make your cut?