[RELEASE] Relive the Halloween landing challenge

Relive the Halloween landing challenge! Or try it again if you missed it!

The first 3rd party landing challenge released brings back some spooky memories.

Rewritten from scratch. The weather is the exact weather from the original. I’d made my own models but then found the originals, so used them instead! Plus I added just a little extra ‘ambiance’ to the area to make it a little extra special. No spoilers!

Sadly, I couldn’t add the radio static or the toppled AH. If someone knows how drop me a PM.

Fully functional, except that the leaderboards do not save. Post your score screenshots here instead!

Known issue: The runway lights do flicker until at a fairly close distance, but add to the ambiance anyway.

Installation:

Unzip to the Community folder as usual.

Launch the sim and you will find it under Activities, Landing Challenges, Famous
(it IS famous right? :wink:)

(If you just want to fly around the area, either start a flight at LRTO Runway 04, or I have added a .FLT in the Community folder too if you want it.)

Enjoy!
-Parorng

10 Likes

Just to let you know, I also preserved the original Halloween landing challenge. It uses all of the original files, including the radio static and other effects. Feel free to use the files from mine (like the radio static) in your challenge, since you added some stuff to it to make it a bit custom: Replayable Live Events - Flying / World Discovery - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Awesome work! I was hoping someone had.

I just added the couple of things because I was in the process of remaking it, and there seemed to be a lot of demand for it. But having the original with the static and toppled AH is even nicer.

Thanks for sharing your collection!