Repeated CTDs after new MSFS "Launching Game" Screen

Possibly related to the current service issues (if you haven’t had the problem before)?

in case of a CTD there is a message logged which you can find within the windows event viewer. Can you show us this message ?

Otherwise I dont know what the screenshot mean. You get a “loading game” screen for ever, or what happens ?

I am currently stuck on “Gaming UI, Syncing data…We should be done soon!” After probably a half hour to 45 minutes the progress bar is still at 0%. If I click “Cancel” it shows “Stop syncing data? If you stop syncing now, this device will have incomplete data for this game.”

Earlier when I tried to launch MSFS, it would load part way, then get stuck. I killed the app using “End Task”, then tried again with the same result.

Try logging out of xbox app and windows store. Then log back on and try again.
I think there is server issues this morning. 22/04/20 1700 utc

Have you seen the above screen?
I cant believe I am the only one getting this new screen!

I saw the screen once, but can’t get into the SIM (for hours now). It gets past the introductions of Adobe and Black shark and the copyright info, then it gets stuck on the next screen with the white spinner in the lower right.

1 Like

It can not be a coincidence that they introduce the new launching feature and then the servers go bananas… I guess they do not bother to do any testing before releasing new “features” to their long-suffering customers!

1 Like

Have you been able to get in, past the screen with the cub, the a32neo, the cj4 and the f-18?

Have tried but no luck.

It appears to me that they are fixing it…and it is stuck moving me along to the “FLY NOW” button.

That’s good. I hope it fixes the low bandwidth issue, too. I just rebooted, so I’ll see what happens.

1 Like

You guys are lucky, I get a BSOD after the new splash screen, every time! Never had one in Windows 10 or 11 until now and only when I start MSFS.

3 Likes

BSOD is almost always hardware / driver related. I read yesterday that another virtual pilot was having issues with Nvidia drivers, but full uninstall and just letting windows install the nvidia driver seemed to solve his issues.

This happened to me too. Ended up uninstalling the whole sim. Haha. May have been extreme maneuver- I was in beta build. After this screen appeared I would get constant crash to green screen and forced restart. Maybe also an issue with Win 11 beta? Haven’t reinstalled yet.

1 Like

I have had this issue before too. I cleared the cache and it seemed to fix it. Hopefully it will work for you too

After rebooting, the MS Store had no MSFS updates to install, so I loaded Xbox (again, after several previous tries). This time Xbox had a 1gb update which is now installed. Next, launched MSFS. got the “Checking updates” screen, then a black screen with blue progress bar at the bottom. Finally MSFS loaded properly and I appeared able to fly again! I am in the SU9 beta.

However, the C172 throttle was ineffective and Azure ATC was not available. The throttle could be moved higher by the mouse but not with the yoke, even though the profile was still present. So I did a “repair”. Still did not work. Unplugged USB yoke and pedals and plugged back in. They work now! Azure ATC still a no go.

Update 4/21/2022: Azure off and on with low bandwidth problem, otherwise things working as they were in beta.

1 Like

I am going to let it be for 24 hours…perhaps it will be fixed tomorrow.
(Hopesprings eternal)!

2 Likes

I updated all my drivers and It still persisted, ended up doing a full OS install, still haven’t got the sim installed yet.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game…and after that I still got that friggin’ screen.

I guess that is the end of my Flight sim. Have no idea what to do now.

1 Like