Request to repair autopilot is not performed according to the flight plan

My English is not good, and I am a beginner. My problem is that all Chinese (Simplified) users of win10 operating system cannot use the autopilot function according to the flight plan. When I started from the earth interface, I selected the flight plan, departure procedure and approach procedure and started flying. After taking off, turn on the autopilot and the plane will fly thousands of kilometers away in an unknown direction. To solve this problem, I need to change the language of non Unicode programs from Chinese (simplified, China) to English (United States). This will make other programs on my computer unusable.

I set up four different flight plans with B787 and A320 respectively, from Xiamen to Taipei, from Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Charles de Gaulle To Frankfurt, and Los Angeles to Las Vegas. These are short-distance routes. However, after starting the flight, the aircraft will first go to the unknown direction, pass through the unknown area of thousands of kilometers, and then return to the destination airport. The testers can try to change the computer to (Simplified Chinese), and then you will know what problems the players using simplified Chinese face. In the picture, you can see that the routes of the miniature map point to the unknown
I know that once the problem occurs in China, many people will attribute it to politics and policy, but if you think about it carefully, I don’t think it is caused by policy. I believe this problem is not as difficult as asking the world to update China. I asked the developers to solve this problem.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Hello @CurrentBadger42 .
Can you provide screenshots or a video demonstrating the issue? It would help me and maybe others to understand it better.

I do not see how China is relevant for solving the bug, if other non asian countries also experience the issue. So I would not discuss it further.

It would be relevant though, if the issue only/mainly occures for players inside of china or the bug is linked to the language, where other asian countries, or to be more specific, countries using different kinds of characters were effected, as this may cause problems if not handled by programmers appropriately.

Isn’t there a known bug with Windows Language/Region creating issues with autopilot and others? (It may be related to the characters used)
That the issue resolves if they change language is actually described in the OP’s post but I can’t find back the threads where I have seen this issue discussed here on the MSFS2020 forum.

I have re edited the question and attached a screenshot. Please check it again.

2 Likes

I have also experienced this problem! The solution was to create a new local account with only “us characters” and run the simulator from this account!
This language problem also affects other than the autopilot:

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what you described. I guess you mean not to let the user name appear in Chinese (system language). I do this. They can check my Microsoft account, computer user name and Xbox user name. I have changed them to English. I spent 60 RMB to modify Xbox, but these are meaningless. This problem does not exist in an update. It exists in an update. It is intermittent, which is the same as that the Chinese simplified win10 map cannot be loaded. However, this update avoids the problem that the Chinese simplified win10 map cannot be loaded. Maybe it will appear again in the next update. This update does not avoid the problem of random flight of flight plans. It has several versions. Our simplified Chinese win10 users are playing games by luck. This is obviously not a policy issue, otherwise it will not be good and bad. Therefore, please test the real cause of these two problems, solve it permanently, and don’t let it go from good to bad.

1 Like

Probably the best place to report this is to the support page Zendesk as it is monitored by Asobo/MS FS team.

Thank you for your advice. The suffix of the link is “en US”. I can’t enter that website. It is illegal for our country to provide and use VPN. I can’t get to the support page in.

This is the page I was talking about. Seems weird that you cannot get in. Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Sorry to hear that. Seems strange as that is the help site for FS.

I have found the root of the problem. After I select the flight plan on earth, I need to delete and re add the departure program or entry program after entering the game, and the flight plan will become normal. Obviously, this is a bug. I hope to repair it, or I play the game in this abnormal way and wait for the official update of Chinese simplified or traditional. However, they still need to solve this problem at that time.

1 Like