Responding to ATC in VR

Hey all, just in case others are using the Thustmaster joystick, I thought I’d pass along the control assignments I’ve been using. They work pretty intuitively for me, since the side keys have little braille bumps on them. Thrustmaster decided to angle those key pads which makes it confusing when in VR so it took some getting used to but now is ‘ok’ . I’m always open to other suggestions. I certainly wish you could call up the ATC menu and Point-Select the response instead of having to use number keys since that gets really cumbersome in VR. My system is an HP Omen gaming laptop which has a column of extra progrogrammable keys on the left. I asigned P5 to to switch into VR and P6 to to toggle control to and from the desktop, so that part works ok now:

Hope those suggestions help someone else or provide food for thought at least. I find it nice to be able to do those basic controls all from the joystick, regardless of the aircraft… I might assign 13 to toggle the water rudder since I like floats so much. Cheers.

I also use voice attach for all my ATC functions. It seems to be more immersive if I’m talking the commands.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.