Reverb G2 refugee. Other headset recommendations?

I’d prefer they keep it instead because this makes a dramatic difference with all applications, especially FS2020, when comparing G2 and Index. The former is constantly lagging any head movement as if the cockpit is attached with dampeners and springs to your head, whereas the later is spot on always.

I believe the problem is that WMR inside-out tracking is effective but only if the computer has the processing power left to do so. When using FS2020 you’re sucking up all available CPU/GPU resources to the point WMR has to deal with really a minimum. Otherwise if by any event WMR is “reserving” some of the CPU/GPU resources for its own computations, these are resources which become unavailable for FS2020 conversely. Not much probably, but enough to see a huge difference in tracking accuracy and lagging between the G2 and the Index.

Actually all WMR headsets should include Valve tracking in my opinion. In effect, adding 6DOF tracking to the G2 using the LightHouse base stations is very cost effective.

For example the electronic component for this is very cheap and integrated:

https://triadsemi.com/product/ts4112/

Even not expensive with just photo-diodes at retail prices:

In the end, this just need some software development to gather the data and compute the position/rotation of the headset.

The advantage of WMR as far as I understand is that you mostly just need to assemble the “capturing” hardware (cameras, accelerometers, gyros), send their raw data and WMR does the rest for you. Whereas with LightHouse tracking I believe they would have had to put some of the logic in the HMD firmware in order to pre-process the raw data from the sensors. Not much of a task in the end for such product though, and immediate benefit for those of use wanting to make the tracking better.