SamScene3D Hong Kong City Times!

https://fselite.net/previews/samscene3d-previews-hong-kong-for-msfs/

I can barely hold my excitement! SamScene literally making all the places I need!

2 Likes

i hope the missing iconic bridges would be there as well!

i have just taking a tour at night around hong kong with this brilliant scenery.

1. over 300 custom iconic buildings and apartments
  2. many famous museums, buildings, apartments, hotels, banks, landmarks in Hong Kong island and Kowloon area
  3. beautiful and detailed Victoria harbour area
  4. Hong Kong major bridges
  5. all buildings with PBR material
  6. beautiful night effects
  7. animated Hong Kong star ferry acrossing the sea
  8. Hong Kong styled buildings and apartments in New Territory such as Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Sha Tin and Tai Po, more will be added in the future
  9. many major landmarks included but not in the screenshots, find them yourself and be surprised!
  10. if you cannot find your favorite landmarks please don’t worry, it is keep updating and will be free !
    11. BONUS: a very simple design of VHHH is included and it is an option to install !

Manually install, just copy the folder into your Flight simulator community folder.
i highly recommend this to you all.

https://youtu.be/pBA7_ea7-E0

1 Like

Yes, scenery itself is not bad, it add some missing building and bridges.
beautiful night effects…ummm
a pity that it doesn’t fix the lights floating at 1000 ft in the air from the default MSFS scenery.

I noticed that only “Shanghai City Times” and “Tokyo Landmarks Enhanced” were available in Market Place, but the best product from same developer (SamScene3D): Hong Kong City Times is strangely missing?

I had no problem purchasing Hong Kong City Times addon from SamScene3D’s own website and it worked perfectly in MSFS! Below are just a few of my random screenshots:

Question: Why isn’t such fantastic addon available in Market Place, while two other products from the same developer have already been there? Was it a developer’s decision? Or was it because the developer’s application for a Hong Kong City Times scenery addon been rejected?

Either way, it’s a shame that one of the best scenery/landmark addons for one of the most beautiful cities in the world could not find its deserved place in MSFS Market Place.

Disclaimer: I have zero connection with this addon’s developer. Nor am I from Hong Kong.

3 Likes

Yes ! It doesn’t make sense.

I do not have any specific information, so you would have to ask the addon developers. However, any content has to be submitted for MS/Asobo to review and approve, so it is possible the product is in the queue.

It’s even stranger because it seems that the developer was based in Hong Kong or has Hong Kong background.

I can only hope that its missing had nothing to do with the “Hong Kong” name itself.

It’s actually rather simple. HK was is the latest add-on developed by SamScene3D, while both Shanghai and Tokyo were released earlier. This means that add-ons released earlier will get approved earlier for the marketplace since there is an approval process in place for every addon.

Hong Kong is likely to come later, and the upcoming Seoul even later.

2 Likes

yes Hong Kong addon is in the queue hopefully will be in marketplace on 17th this month

Good news!

This looks awesome, this + VR means its going to be a great winter break!

1 Like

This looks like a really nice addon. I was just wondering if anybody has purchased it? If so, how is your frame rate while flying into around the city? Is it impacted severly?

It’s there in the marketplace now. Go get it!

The only problem is, an awesome freeware scenery was released for the old Kai Tak airport a few day ago: VHHX Hong Kong - Kai Tak » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Unfortunately, the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong Times is not fully compatible with the new freeware Kai Tak airport. The cruise ship terminal blocks the runway of the new freeware Kai Tak airport.

If anybody figures out how to solve this problem, let me know!

(otherwise, the Sam Scene 3D add on from the MSFS marketplace is really great!)

1660 Super, i5 9400, and 24 GB of RAM for me. I get 35 to 40 FPS with high settings, 1080p resolution. The FPS seems pretty good for me.

1 Like

It looks beautiful. I think I am going to purchase that one. Thanks so much for the input.

Here is a sample video from my purchase of the add on…

3 Likes

absolutely gorgeous!! That’s the ticket. I’m going to purchase this one for sure. Thanks so much for the video… i prefer to see video from a customer than one from an add. thanks again!!

Nice. However I see floating lights and dark ships. Are they a part of Asobo scenery?
Ships must look like here

Navigation lights on a boat

just purchased it from the marketplace. This addon is AWESOME! This really shows off the capability of FSMS. Beautiful at night… and no fps loss.

3 Likes