Scenery around Hoover Dam has water moving up the sides of the land

The scenery around Hoover Dam needs attention as water is up the sides of the land if you approach the wall from the dam side.
Not a complaint but an observation for future fix.

You mean this ?

1 Like

if you approach from the main dam the water textures go up the steep sides

That 4th picture is surely an example of ‘seconds before disaster’.
I tried to fly under the bridge and… crashed…
Back to topic: floating water from falls and dams isn’t implemented yet.
Hopefuly it comes to the sim in the future.

1 Like

Odd… I managed to fly under the bridge. Let me try again. Maybe I didn’t.

I have seen many people post that it is not possible to fly under bridges.

Yes, also thought this would be one of the exceptions to invisible walls, but I too crashed after having tried to fly under the bridge.

Sorry… Not to go off topic on this thread. I tried again and can confirm… Was able to fly under the bridge …no wall or crash. Also tried under Golden Gate bridge and same thing. No wall or crash.

I must be doing something wrong.

1 Like

Areas like this are a missed opportunity. Its like they kind of tried, but only had an hour or two to spend on doing it, and didn’t really care besides.

A lot of the sims special landmarks are like that.

As if they want to make a big deal out of them without honestly putting in much actual effort.

Sorry to be off topic too, what plane are you using to fly under bridge? You are out of Dev mode with true to life setting?
I just tested different planes under the Golden Gate Bridge: the best I could do was with Savage Carbon cub, it didn’t crash but I hit some sort of invisible wall which stops the propeller and kills the engine. I couldn’t glide far enough for a safe landing and ended crashing in cold water.

Wasn’t talking about flying under bridges. The scenery was not right, waterways bleeding up onto sides of hills.

Or they did the best they could with the tools they have developed so far, and know they will be adding more features in the future (like the particle effects which they’ve discussed will be coming eventually, which are required for moving water. Granted, it was in FSX, but now we are in a different graphics system and those effects need to be rewritten.)

There’s very few bridges that you can currently fly under. See the other posts about bridges. Last I tried Golden Gate you still couldn’t fly underneath, unless it’s recently been fixed, you hit an invisible wall.

Flying up the GC from lake Mead as you enter the GC the water level leaps 300ft in the air. flying at 100ft you can see under the water and then hit the wall. Further up the GC there are massive drop offs at the side of the river and it is possible to fly alongside beneath the water level. Reported to MSFS

Brief description of the issue:
There is a graphical glitch near Hoover Dam on Lake Mead that appears to be the result of elevation corrections.

I think the scenery on this game is stunning but I noticed recently that some things aren’t up to date. Has anyone else noticed this? I was flying in and around the Hoover Dam and the lake levels aren’t realistic. It would be really cool to see this updated to reflect actual levels.

Hello,

I saw water running up the side before after World Update 2 was released. I don’t see any now, so I am closing this. Please send me a PM if you believe this to still be an issue, and please send screenshots if you do.