SDK Q&A: Scenery Editor Questions

When will there be a proper tool in the SDK to exclude the AI taxiway lights and implement custom taxiway centreline and edge lights with proper ‘positioning and spacing’; because still 3rd party airports are released with the default taxiway lights which are quite random and neither properly positioned nor is the spacing between them proper.

3 Likes

Hi, I am working on Navi Mumbai airport, but there a lot of power poles across that area, which I cannot get removed. these really hurt my airport design. Ideally such objects should be removable via Scenery Editor.

4 Likes

Can it fix the Isle of Man which was obviously forgotten on the UK and Ireland update?

2 Likes

Please add the ability to organize air traffic control parameters (ATC, COM, ILS) in a custom airport. It would be helpful to see tutorials from the direct developers on working with the SDK tools and creating minimal airport projects and air traffic control scenarios. I drew attention to the YouTube video, where individuals resort to editing * .xml files instead of a visual editor. Thank you.

2 Likes

It would be useful to see and have a tool for editing airport environment sounds with video tutorials, as well as editing aircraft environment sounds. For example, in S2S Pits inside the cockpit, you can hardly hear how the motor works, although the propeller in other aircraft models looks convincing and louder, because this is an aircraft engine, not an electric shaver🤭

My question about development of MSFS ground.

At the current stage of SDK all ground textures have to be “covered” by a default MSFS detail texture like asphalt, concrete, paint etc., but they cause blurriness of the underlying texture.

The question:

“Please modify scenery editor to keep original high resolution of grounf textures and fix blurry effect due to covering by the layer of default MSFS asphalt type detail texture”
In other words, would be perfect to use ground textures with high resolution without compression and with invisible default detail texture (to save water and snow effects) or without default detail texture (to apply custom winter textures with a condition for dates(after releasing the seasons feature).

Hope for the developers attention to this question.

20 Likes

You can already do this for the edge lights by using Light Row(s). The centerline is another story. What we need to have is the ability to specify the light color when using Light Rows. Then we will b able to customize the centerline.

1 Like

Will we get an easier option to remove the services at the small airports we create… I know, I’m lazy…

2 Likes

Using the SDK without being able to unmount and mount the mod is VERY time consuming due to rising startup time. When will this be possible or why not?
From the initial version of MSFS until the present version 4 the initial load time has increased by 200-300%. 4 to 5 minutes with an I7, 32GB RAM, 2070 Super.

3 Likes

The inside the tag works and the seperate inside the doesn’t. So a better question is why is this a difference and can this be harmonized?

I spoke too soon. Sorry. It appears that you can already make different colored light rows by adding light presets that you can select when making a light row. I tried this and was able to create a light row with red lights.

You can learn how to do this by reading up on it in the SDK documentation. Start with a search on lightrow. Something new to play with! But, beware, they said it’s a work in progress.

Please ask:

Why are “projected mesh” textures so low resolution? Objects added as a normal scenery object are at full resolution, but resolution is at least half when added as a “projected mesh”.

Pretty please, with cupcake on the side. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will there be better SDK support for animations made available to 3rd party developers to help make airports and the world more alive with people and passenger animations, more diverse animal animations etc.?

3 Likes

It would be great if we could get a better tool to place fences. Currently you can place fences as single sim objects which makes it very tedious if you want to create large area of fences for example the perimeter fencing around a larger airport.

4 Likes

The ability to add customized lighting via light rows and light presets is a wonderful thing. The big drawback now is that it’s limited to the confines of an airport.

Do you have plans to give us the ability to use these outside an airport area? This would solve the problem of our inability to create obstruction/hazard lights for TV towers, buildings, bridges, etc. that can be seen further than a couple hundred feet.

3 Likes

When we’re improving an included airport, it would be nice to be able to choose existing airport features to keep and improve on, versus having to restart from scratch. Any chance of this?

4 Likes

A tool is needed to make the tunnel. Currently, the SDK cannot realize the creation of tunnels. Currently, there are bugs in making tunnels, which cannot be presented perfectly.

2 Likes

How to create transparent water/ocean polygon? I’m creating a water mask for a tropical region, and the sat imagery is already inside the sim. But if I exclude ocean, there will be no water inside the polygon. Then if water polygon is added, imagery is covered by water texture. So how Asobo did all the manual water mask? I believe it is done via CGL, not BGL and shape files, the one that is editable via in-game SDK. If Asobo can do it then absolutely community devs can help to do the same :slight_smile:

Why the aircraft model will first read the default ILS frequency instead of the ILS frequency I set?
In China, if I do not use Navigraph data but use the default navigation data, the ILS of many airports will be offset. Therefore, I built a new airport myself and created a new ILS in the correct location. However, the airplane model reads the default ILS instead of the correct ILS I set. Unless I set the wrong frequency ILS and input the wrong ILS on the airplane model, the model will intercept the ILS I set.

3 Likes

We still heavily Need a tool to control snow accumulation
Somethig like a special apron with a greyscale texture. The color of the special apron must not be visible, but the snow shader should “subtract” that from the snow layer (i’m not a shader guy but think should be Easy)

Another thing about the snow layer, with 60 or more degrees slope snow Is unlikely to attach (vertical rocks, crags etc)

Also, with the current snow shader, roads appear to have snow on them while the surroundig doesn’t (when melting Is going on) should be reverse!

1 Like