Servers down again?

same thing is happening to me yesterday and today. I am from the south east asia.
Dammmn!!! whats is happening to this game!!!

Crash on ready to fly screen in Australia

Since the day before, i cannot connect to any server, live weather, multiplayer, azure atc voice and market place disabled. But profile is intact.

Same problem for me in Belgium … FPS drops to 0 every two seconds and the famous “package out of date”, Logbook empty (300 hours removed …) !

What location, @TurtleX696 ?

Check this one: Playtime gone missing [Packages out of date] - #530 by ARTRAV

Back up and running here , went to data switched all to ON then it gave me update box YES sat on splash screen pressed every key jumped to dl , then content manager, updated some US airports , all good except some spad next settings!

Asia Server, but now no server to choose at all.

Down again for me in the UK. Back to FSX style graphics and no multiplayer etc. :persevere:

I did one flight ok. Came out of the sim, then retsarted to have another flight then I lost the connection. As I recall this is the same pattern as when it went down for me the first time a couple of days ago.

Anyone else notice that you can complete one flight before it happens?

Been having this issue since the last two days. When I try to close the app, doesnt close until I end the task!

That is something that has been ongoing for a while … there were some workarounds
You should check these threads for possible answers for your system:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-weather-broken-after-first-flight/330548

Thank you, this resolved the issues for me.

I switched data functionality as you described and the option to connect to the servers were back up and running, and the market place was available. The prompt to update 3 missing packages came up.

I was taken back to the start up page, then went to the content page and updated the packages.

It’s working fine for me now.

Some how i managed to fix it. Not sure which action got it right though.
I checked the XBox Networking setting and found the NAT Type showing “Teredo is unable to qualify…”. I use the ‘Fix it’ button and ‘Check again’ which helped to change the status.

After above action, I login to MSFS to find the online functionality ‘Off’. It has always been ‘On’ since day 1, no idea how it got back to ‘Off’. Anyway, I enabled the online functionality and login server became available which prompts me to relogin. Upon relogin, market place, live weather and online players options are back now.

1 Like

That will come back after you restart your PC. You have to forward some ports in your router to fix it permanently, at least that was my experience. You can Google which ports to forward. It stems from MS using IPV6.

My live weather was faltering for a few hours and for the last hour the sim can’t find any server. Are the servers crashing? I’m in Brazil (São Paulo).

[edit]: In fact, the sim was “off-line”. It seems to be in an update loop.

Thanks for the tip, will try if i get the same no server problem again.

MSFS does not use IPV6. I have full end-to-end IPV6 connectivity through my router and ISP. I can monitor the TCP/IP connections of all running processes on my computer using a utility program called CurrPorts. Many programs do use IPV6 if available. In particular, my web browser normally uses IPV6 for the majority of web sites I connect to, but MSFS does not.

When MSFS is running it opens anywhere from 4 to 8 discrete TCP/IP connections to several different servers, and single every connection is IPV4. Teredo off or on makes no difference.

I agree. I was referring to his Teredo issue, that is why I quoted that item. Teredo is a pseudo IPV6 tech used by MS gaming services, such as matchmaking and voice comms in other games, but MSFS apparently doesn’t use it for its data connectivity. Thanks for clearing that up for him.

I have IPV6 turned off on the motherboard, the router, Windows, and had no ‘bad’ effects different then the others.

The NAT error message I get also, but if I retrain it it will appear, and when it doesnt it doesnt seem to matter. The sim runs the same (worse and worse and worse) as they release new ‘fixes’ and updates.

Ive been saying for months now, and if you watch whats going on with MS in general you’ll find that the Cloud is overloaded due to the pandemic. There was an article in June about how MS was hiring like crazy and working 24/7 to bring more resources online.

After the crash ‘2 or 3 crashes ago’ MS announced in an interview that they were building another Azure data center to accommodate all the extra unexpected load that the pandemic has caused. This data center should be online approx. in 3-4 weeks.

So maybe why Abozo wont answer the problems some are having, is because there is nothing they can do until MS fixes the infrastructure…So the reason some people aren’t having problems when they play is because :

a. there on a well connected network connection (the provider and not personal) or
b. they play the game when there are not alot of players on line.

But thats just a theory on my end, but more and more it seems to be quite plausible as to whats going on. IMHO!

Microsoft has been trying to get rid of Teredo for years, as it was only intended as a temporary stopgap measure to provide an IPV6 tunnel through IPV4 for those users whose ISP or router have no native IPV6 support. Teredo is disabled by default on a new Win10 installation, and one has to go through several steps to enable it. There may indeed be some games in the XBox universe that do use IPV6, but MSFS is not one of them.

Most of the current problems people are having with server connections in MSFS relates to the “your packages are out of date” message that started appearing late last week. If you answer “no” to the offer to “update” the game, it will turn off all online functionality. If you answer “yes”, it will wipe out your logbook and other custom settings.