Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays)

No change for me either, you’re just thinking it’s fixed because there was an update. It’s still the same, just a placebo effect.

Not placebo for me. It’s better than it was. Is it completely fixed? No, the constant shimmering is still there, which probably looks worse in anything with lower resolution than a G2 so to you it doesn’t appear anything has changed. But in a G2 there is a difference. I’m waiting for higher resolution headsets and for a fix to the constant jiggling even with the headset sitting perfectly still on a table.

4 Likes

Didn’t get noticeably betterfor me at all. It’s shimmer fest still

Exactly spot on.

Any news or info from devolopers ? This particular issue looks a bit underrated and please be aware that we are not able to enjoy 4K for more than months ! Please give your focus on this.

5 Likes

i hope they will fix this issue in the new build that will be open next monday for testing

guys, i don’t know if someone have early access to the new build to give us some feedbacks about shimmering and AA issues

1 Like

Lol are you expecting it to be fixed? Its not even on the bug list.

Yep. Another disappointment moment for us.

Some positive feedbacks regarding AA Shimmer from Beta Testers:

3 Likes

That’s interesting - Ive only had a couple of flights on the beta but unfortunately I still had the shimmering, this is VR on Quest 2.

Is it just as bad? Or is it at least getting better?

For me I just noticed that it was still there. However I didn’t pay close attention as I hadn’t seen the avsim reports that it had changed/gone. I’ll take a closer look on my next flight, interested to hear what others see as well.

2 Likes

I’ll believe this when I see it… Really really wish they are right though. That would actually be amazing

1 Like

omg i hope it’s fixed

In the update 7 the textures terrain are blurry…

I Miss the msfs in 2020

2 Likes

Yep, unfortunately TAA is not working like it should

1 Like

the beta version is open for steam now, let’s see if the shimmering disappeared

unfortunately i can still see shimmering on buildings :disappointed: