Sim hangs up upon loading into flight (after SU6)

I don’t know if you read my other comment, it’s probably hidden in a reply thread. My never-ending loading issue was resolved after i did the following: I started the sim in safe mode, it prompted me to do some updates, which i installed, and after that, i was able to actually load and finish a flight. After that i quit, and started in normal mode. But again, it said that it required some updates (but different ones, this time), so i downloaded them, restarted the simulator, and since i did these two “redownloads” it started working normally.
What sucks is that i don’t know WHY it needed the updates in the first place. I wasn’t modifying anything in the “official” directories - and i’m 100% sure that the stuff it downloaded in the safe AND normal mode was already installed (i downloaded all that when i installed the game few weeks ago), but for some reason it resolved the issue. I guess the simulator got damaged SOMEHOW, unfortunately there’s no way to find out how. Try to start the sim in safe mode, maybe it’s going to help… At least i hope so.
P.S.
Greetings to Prague, LKPR is my homebase as well! :slight_smile:

It was the Google Maps addon that modified the “hosts” file. I think MSFS was hanging or waiting for Google server data that never came.

Good luck with your issues!

1 Like

It’s happening here with the Bing Maps (default MSFS) and not with any other Map addon like Google Map, and let’s not introduce another confusion here. This is happening after SU6. Would it be possible MS/Asobo look into this issue?.
The issue is, as said by many before: after selecting a flight situation (aircraft, airports, weather) the blue bar goes slowly into full (100%) and stays there indefinitely and the flight will not load. In the Task Manager, MSFS is not hung, but running, but the flight is not loaded. Happens randomly or too often at different airports, default and third party as well.
Thanks MS/Asobo if you could listen

Have you raised a Zendesk ticket? This is the best way to get their service.

If you read up there you’ll see several posts about the same issue in different threads of this forum. Fortunately and hopefully the forums moderators could re-group the different threads into a single one to report the issue to them. I’m pretty sure this is a server-related issue most probably due to over utilization after SU5-SU6.

Hey guys!

So this is weird. I only get the hang up when I load in at certain airports. Some I load in and it loads fine, some airports it freezes. Not really sure if you have ran into same issue. I have loaded in at 3rd party and payware airports fine so its not all, just some. I have also checked SU6 compatibility with these airports too so not sure what is hanging it up.

BC

Yes that’s the known behavior (it comes in different shades of arrrgh). Also note the end of this thread:

1 Like

Good to hear. I can sometimes get it to work by deleting the content.xml file and let it regenerate. Temporary workaround but not perfect!
EN

I hope they fix this by tomorrows update.

My sincere apologies folks! I’ve deleted the post.