SimConnect support for Xbox editions

Asobo didn’t include lot’s of MSFS functionality ib the console based on the assumption Xbox users are only gamers trying another title. The way they do things would not be a problem or challenge to Microsoft.

Xbox gaming community is used to single task machines. It’s not common to have games connected to external softwares. Only peripherials. It’s a Tv room thing which implies there is no PC in the room. So why bother?
Nevertheless there is sone people flying in Xbox as they wanted to do in PCs. Myself included. Asobo/Microsoft should care about us. This would expand the Xbox to a different level. But this involves changing certain standards from thr Consoles universe since they exist.

Consoles usually do not connect to external software due to risk of cheating in games which can cause bad reputation for the console.

Connect to third party apps may open a door that Xbox platform managers don’t want to open. So I imagine that implementing Simconnect functionality is a hard endeavour.

If they’re solving WASM issues and let third party DLC (mainly airplanes) define and write variables in the console this is proof that Simconnect can be developed at some point.

Moreover, Honda Jet DLC have already demobstrated that an Xbox game can connect to external servers with its Navigraph connection to its G3000 displays.

For me, telemetry through Simconnect is now very easy to implement and it would strenghten the community as it would open the possibillity to use EFBs, moving maps, tracking apps, shared cockpits and so on.

3 Likes