Slider to adjust/disable the scenery culling (reduce panning pop-in and stutters)

EDIT: The following link shows a fix that solves the issue as well, but using a program called Process Lasso. It gives you the ability to disable Windows Dynamic Thread Priority Boost, only for the MSFS executable. So other programs are unaffected by this change and the fix has exactly the same effect as the tweak I suggested below. Reducing panning stutter a lot on my end! Have a go :

Alright so I investigated a bit the stutter issue occuring when panning the view and I think I found a fix that might work for some of you.

On my end, the issue would occur only when the game window is focused, with the mainthread going straight RED, dropping my frame down if I panned my view too fast (headtracking user here).
The issue didn’t happen when the game was out of focus.

If this if also your case, I have to say I have no idea what this fix really does in terms of CPU management, all I can say is that it worked for me, and that now my view panning isn’t causing ANY stutter, so you might wanna try this:

1. Press Win+Pause, it’ll open up the About your PC window, scroll all the way down and click on Advanced System Setting, a System Property window should appear

2. Within that window, go to Advanced

3. Under the Performance area, go to Settings, then select the Advanced tab

4. Under the Processor Scheduling area, select Background services instead of Programs

5. Click Apply

After doing this, the panning view stutter should be gone, wether the game’s window is focused or not.
I hope this helps some of you, it worked for me!

Reddit post where I found the trick: https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/idmdqq/update_msfs_2020_stuttering_when_window_focused/

2 Likes