The DC-3 is extremely Tailheavy whenever a Payload is present

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The most extreme example is the DC-3. When loading it with empty MAC at 12.1, Main Tanks full, Aux. Tanks empty and a full Cargo load evenly distributed I am at the aft MAC Limit, but still in the Green.
On Take-Off the Plane just violently noses up and crashes Tail First, despite me having the Stick fully forward (visibly in the Cockpit as well.)
I use the enhanced Marketplace Version with the more tricky starting Procedure.
The Jenny suffers from the same Problem to a lesser extent, it is also always tailheavy.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Can’t, Game is stuck in the Looping Update Stage because apparently it gets confused by a shaky maximum 2.5mbit/s but normally about 1mbit/s Satellite Internet I have aboard my Vessel.
And while I am at Anchorage I can’t buy a Simcard to get the 2GB necessary for the Update.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Take the DC-3 as described, try to fly it and see how it doesn’t.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Nope. But I am on veeery slow Internet.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you adjusted the aircraft’s trim control to compensate for the aft load?

It’s a Flettner Type Trim, so it has no effect on Control Effectiveness and with a fully forward Control Column the Nose should drop.
However, the Columm has no effect whatsoever and the Plane doesn’t fly, it lifts off with the tailwheel firmly on the Ground, points the nose 90° up and then reverses into ground.
No amount of trim can correct or create such behaviour.
On the Take-Off Roll it is impossible to lift up the Nose by pushing forward.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Follow the steps posted by the OP.

I guess you can tell I’m a jetliner flyer, huh!
I was able to reproduce this, following your steps, I get the same results when I tried as well.

1 Like

You’re talking about “all planes” here. Not very helpful but I don’t see this issue with any planes in MSFS. It’s probably a hardware issue

Try to fly the DC-3 loaded the Way I did (using Neofly). It simply doesn’t fly.

1 Like

Please correct the title then to reference the DC-3 specifically?

Video Proof. The Problem isn’t as extreme as it used to be, but still very much feels very strange. I make no Control Inputs except for minimal directional corrections with Rudder MSFS DC-3 Tailheavy Behaviour with a Payload - YouTube

Known issue marked as won’t fix at this time.